Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 05:58 AM

595 posts, read 1,622,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXW View Post
Not an infomercial. Too big to release name now. Press release in a few weeks.
We are waiting in anticipation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 01:32 PM

716 posts, read 1,544,035 times
Quote:

Its been about a month now and I am just doing a little follow up

Old 04-22-2010, 07:07 AM

203 posts, read 496,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteCharlotte View Post
There is a difference between internet marketing companies that are already in Charlotte and internet market companies that have plans to come to Charlotte. Most marketing companies looking to move here or anywhere for that matter are not usually a business itself but they are a person or persons looking to get the ball rollin in a commercial type of marketing business.

Most of these people get started in this business by watching those infomercials on tv but it never pans out 95% of the time. These people mean all in well but it just isnt that easy. I am sure if you ask the OP for his or her real business address they wont give it cause chances are they don't have one. This is just my opinion only.
That was my initial thought when I read the OP.

There are marketing professionals who are in business to sincerely help other businesses grow, then there are marketing "companies" who make their money using "reps" to hard sell small business owners, providing little value for a lot of money.

Real marketing companies don't churn and burn "independent" sales reps.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:59 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,651 times
Quote:
If your company is so big, why would feel the need to come here and ask about then quality of salesmen/women in this area?

Seems to me, a company that big has better resources than Citi-data

Old 04-22-2010, 08:53 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
If your company is so big, why would feel the need to come here and ask about then quality of salesmen/women in this area?

Seems to me, a company that big has better resources than Citi-data
I believe he was just asking the question as an excuse to post, lol. He wanted to get the word out and that was simply one way to do it.

It could be a legit company, but since many of us are offering marketing services to small businesses already . . . there really is a great choice of long established companies already here.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:33 PM

126 posts, read 412,045 times
Guys, I can tell you first hand this is a legit company. I am very excited about it coming here.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpreston View Post
Guys, I can tell you first hand this is a legit company. I am very excited about it coming here.
I don't believe there is any indication on this thread as to the company's name. How do you know it is a legit company, lol???? DO SHARE.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:50 PM

595 posts, read 1,622,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I don't believe there is any indication on this thread as to the company's name. How do you know it is a legit company, lol???? DO SHARE.
I think it was a joke.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:21 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times
Quote:
Company is relative to the luxury market. Digital marketing and advertising. National and International. In this world economy only HNWI have $$. Therefore, they are the demos to advertise and market to.

<snip>

WSJ: Real Luxury is back: Real Luxury Is Back - The Wealth Report - WSJ
Oh the anticipation of the announcement!

These articles are interesting in that it depends on your perception of the information offered... We've had a long running thread discussing how the luxury market is pretty dead in the area and what I take from these articles is that "real" luxury is back - but catering to the very elite. "Elite" meaning a select few - NOT the watered down luxury that was being marketed to the masses. The masses that would make an endeavor like this overly successful.

I just don't see something like this taking off at the HNWI level, but maybe that's me... I see it being more towards that real elite or what the wiki calls a UHNWI. Even if you would be looking to target HNWI - that sector is heavily declining and estimates of future expansion there are being corrected down.

High net worth individual - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
World’s Wealth Report 2009

The Merrill Lynch - Capgemini World’s Wealth Report 2009[3] defines HNWIs as those who hold at least US$1 million in financial assets and Ultra-HNWIs as those who hold at least US$30 million in financial assets, with both excluding collectibles, consumables, consumer durables and primary residences. The report states that in 2008 there were 8.6 million HNWIs worldwide, a decline of 14.9% from 2007. The total HNWI wealth worldwide totaled US$32.8 trillion, a 19.5% decrease from 2007. The Ultra-HNWIs experienced the greater loss, losing 24.6% in population size and 23.9% in accumulated wealth. The report revised its 2007 projections that HNWI financial wealth would reach US$59.1 trillion by 2012 and revised this downward to a 2013 HNWI wealth valued at $48.5 trillion advancing at an annual rate of 8.1%.
Quote:
Retail

Brands in various sectors, such as Bentley, Maybach and Rolls-Royce in motoring, actively target UHNWI and HNWI to sell their products. Figures gathered by Rolls-Royce suggest there are 80,000 people in the UHNWI category around the world.[5] They have, on average, eight cars and three or four homes. Three-quarters own a jet aircraft and most have a yacht.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:10 AM

Just wanted to post that I received a note from a CD member who has a reason to know *with certainty* that this is a legit company . . . and indeed, this company will be making an announcement shortly.

We are just gonna have to wait to find out more. I wanted to share this info since I had speculated about the company's legitimacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte