Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 08:24 PM

543 posts, read 1,825,046 times

Advertisements

Seems like these towns never get mentioned much as candidates for moving to, how come?

Old 05-26-2006, 09:04 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,471,344 times
Someone on this forum said they bought in Huntersville. I heard the traffic up that way was horrible.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:50 PM

Oh were you the one moving to Huntersville? I was thinking about Mooresville but everyone tells me the traffic is bad into Charlotte.

Old 05-27-2006, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
Oh were you the one moving to Huntersville? I was thinking about Mooresville but everyone tells me the traffic is bad into Charlotte.
We are moving to Huntersville in just 30 days

Just doesn't seem to get mentioned much.

It looks pretty desirable though.... New schools--good scores, lots of shopping and dining establishments, progressive government, lots of community activities, parks and close to lake norman.

Traffic seems to be an issue but after driving the 128/boston route for so many years, we're used to it.

Mark

Old 05-27-2006, 01:08 PM

Yeah let me tell you the US60 in Az is no picnic either. I avoid it at all cost. It's a parking lot. I take the side streets. I'm going in a couple of weeks and I'm gonna check out that area.

Old 05-27-2006, 05:02 PM

240 posts, read 1,021,952 times
Smile Moving to Huntersville Area

I'm also looking at homes in the Huntersville area. It appears to have good schools and shopping. I also like the fact that the Duke University Biotechnology Consortium, North Carolina Research Center, will be located in Cabarrus county. I have a healthcare management background. I believe that the consortium will bring in a very diverse group of people with academic, medical, and scientific backgrounds. This influx should also carry over to the schools in the area. Although the traffic is bad in Charlotte, they already have more options and is expanding the roads to try to prepare for the growth. I lived in DC for years and the Beltway is the same size now as it was when I moved there in 1989.

What communities have you looked at in Huntersville? I looked at Winding Walk, Skybrook, and a few others.

Old 05-27-2006, 05:07 PM

27 posts, read 138,091 times
Mark:

We have friends that moved to Huntersville about a year ago. They have told us how much they love it there and they say they would never come back.

Their new house is getting build and will be ready in a couple of weeks. They're happy with the school their daughters are attending as well.

J

Old 05-27-2006, 05:17 PM

I was actually looking at Linwood Farms in Mooresville.

Old 05-28-2006, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washingtonian
What communities have you looked at in Huntersville? I looked at Winding Walk, Skybrook, and a few others.
We actually bought in Rosedale. We looked at wynfield, birkdale, carrinngton, tanners creek, ridgefield, cedarfield, northstone and a few other areas. They were all nice places and all similar, except for pricing and age of homes. We liked the house styles and location of Rosedale since it's close to shopping, schools and the highway.

Rosedale is moderately priced, not low like if we lived more rural and not high like the waterfront communites. I can understand anyones decision to be in a more rural setting as the pricing is certainly much better of a value and there is always the benefit of additional land.

For my wife and I though, we're not that old, but we're tired of cutting and maintaining an acre of grass and then not using it for anything. We're looking forward to a smaller more manageable lot that won't cost a fortune to maintain each year and that we can get more use out of.

Where we are now, it's about 9 miles to the nearest shopping, not that far unless you're in a rush.

Jardeny, we have some friends that moved down there 3 summers ago and they love it also. It's what got us looking a couple of years ago and after a couple of trips down, we really liked the area and decided to give it a go!

a1m1700, we looked in mooresville and cornelius also but ended up in huntersville for no particular reasons other than we liked the community and the house. All the areas seemed similar.

Good luck to everyone in your search...

Old 05-28-2006, 02:43 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,006,893 times
We are planning on checking out Huntersville when we are back there in late June. It is high on our list as far as how it looks on Paper (or computer) Schools look decent. As far as traffic we sit in traffic here in CA just to run up to the grocery so I would think anything would be better than this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte