Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2010, 10:44 AM

68 posts, read 239,680 times

Advertisements

Looking for horseback riding, not really riding lessons (I know how to ride a horse) but somewhere that has a guide with trails. It can be a little bit out, but I want to be out in the woods or on a trail, not just riding around a stable with super trained horses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 10:52 AM

1,638 posts, read 4,548,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotterelocator View Post
Looking for horseback riding, not really riding lessons (I know how to ride a horse) but somewhere that has a guide with trails. It can be a little bit out, but I want to be out in the woods or on a trail, not just riding around a stable with super trained horses.
Latta Plantation has a school and trails. Not sure what their horses are like.
It all looked a bit unkempt when we went to take a look.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:07 AM

292 posts, read 671,535 times
Today's deal on Groupon is a horse ride at Latta Plantation. Here is a referral link: Groupon Deal of the Day

Old 03-18-2010, 11:09 AM

1,311 posts, read 4,679,457 times
I was just going to post the same thing!

Old 03-19-2010, 12:18 PM

150 posts, read 704,659 times
There's also Lynnwood Equestrian Farms in Fort Mill if you're looking for something in the south side of town.. I believe they do riding lessons as well.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:21 PM

103 posts, read 241,597 times
If you don't mind hoofing it down here to Fort Mill, my favorite place for riding is at the Anne Springs Equestrian Center. Very pretty area--they ride around the trails on the Greenway. I know you don't need lessons, but if someone does, they have adult and child lessons--I did it, even though I know how to ride, and it was fun. And check out the adopt-a-horse program. Very cool. Here's the link:

Leroy Springs & Company, Inc | Horses

Old 03-20-2010, 06:57 AM

149 posts, read 410,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMYankee View Post
If you don't mind hoofing it down here to Fort Mill, my favorite place for riding is at the Anne Springs Equestrian Center. Very pretty area--they ride around the trails on the Greenway. I know you don't need lessons, but if someone does, they have adult and child lessons--I did it, even though I know how to ride, and it was fun. And check out the adopt-a-horse program. Very cool. Here's the link:

Leroy Springs & Company, Inc | Horses
Since the site states trail rides, I am assuming Western style riding. If so, I will check this place out. I've also been looking for a place to go, and everything I found previously was English style.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:03 AM

103 posts, read 241,597 times
Oh yeah, it's definitely western-style, although I think they'd probably let someone do English tack--they have both. I've actually never seen a trail ride place offer English riding. You'll really like the greenway trail rides--very pretty place. And you can talk to the folks there and arrange for a private group ride. Sometimes they put together special day rides, where you pay a little more, but it's a 3-4 hour ride with a box lunch or something. We did that, and it was really fun. They took us all over the place, and we got to let the horses run a little bit here and there--much more interesting than your average trail ride. Have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte