Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 07:36 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,894,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
I'm telling you some of these places around here I think are hosing us on purpose. They think we'll pay these prices. I paid 215.00 for a cut and color without tip
Ok how many times do I have to apologize for referring you there?

It was a kick-butt color and cut though, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 08:12 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,915,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
Ok how many times do I have to apologize for referring you there?

It was a kick-butt color and cut though, no?

You are sooooooo silly Yes it was.....

Old 06-05-2007, 09:08 PM

43 posts, read 150,478 times
I live in the Ballantyne area.... but I will travel a bit.. not too far. Yes, the hair salons are so much more here as well. i can not believe it!!! I pay 55 for a fill in and a pedi without tip! In NY I paid 35.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:14 AM

67 posts, read 64,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
I'm telling you some of these places around here I think are hosing us on purpose. They think we'll pay these prices. I paid 215.00 for a cut and color without tip
I just dont' think any haircut is worth $215 or anywhere near it! Thats crazy but people are paying and tahts why they do it...Your paying fior thier lifestyle...I refuse to pay that for a haircut, I worked in a hairsalon in Brooklyn, great haircuts, for what a cut should be $30

As far as mani and pedis I use to get them in NY for $10 fill in Mani and $12 pedi...Jersey was expensive also but down here they are robbing you...

Old 06-06-2007, 08:44 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,894,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcshea View Post
I just dont' think any haircut is worth $215 or anywhere near it! Thats crazy but people are paying and tahts why they do it...Your paying fior thier lifestyle...I refuse to pay that for a haircut, I worked in a hairsalon in Brooklyn, great haircuts, for what a cut should be $30

As far as mani and pedis I use to get them in NY for $10 fill in Mani and $12 pedi...Jersey was expensive also but down here they are robbing you...
Well, just to clarify, it was not a cut that was $215. It was a full color job and a cut and style.

I get partial highlights and a cut for $120. It's an upscale Aveda salon, one of the best in Charlotte. There are plenty of places you can go in Charlotte for less.

My bad though, because I forgot to tell sheena to ask about prices before making the appointment and I still owe her an apology ice cream from Coldstone for that!

Last edited by kmway; 06-06-2007 at 09:01 AM..

Old 06-06-2007, 09:44 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,297,123 times
I went to bella for my nails and my fill was 20.00 they have a special manicure and pedi for 35.00

Jersey I paid 55.00 for a fill and pedicure...

Old 06-17-2007, 07:08 AM

1 posts, read 3,839 times
Default Nail 3

When I relocated here from South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale) in August 2006 I had the same problem finding a nail salon that I could get a set of nails I didn't have to go to Sally's and buy supplies to go home and fix myself afterward, and that had reasonable prices! I can't remember the exact names of the first 2 I tried, but one was in Piper Station area and for a full set of pink & white and a pedicure it was $110 without tip..I almost choked..especially since it isn't a high end full service salon, it's a walk-in type place and the prices were not posted or displayed...never occurred to me that it would be this price. I also had fills and a pedicure at a place in Stonecrest and the prices were also ridiculous and I hated the work that both of them did for my nails. I then tried Beauty Brands on Providence and Ballantyne and although they were all very nice, I laughed at the options the receptionist gave me to make an appointment for nails; "do you want a nail tech, expert nail tech or master nail tech?" the difference being their level of education and years of experience...clearly, anyone being asked this question that has been getting their nails done since high school and is now 40 years old would choose the "master" but still, are you kidding me? So, I booked with the master level tech, who when i arrived gave me a pedicure which was mediocre, and then proceeded to tell me she just returned from a Creative Nail seminar and I would be her first actual customer where she would now be using a technique she hadn't used in all her 15 years of experience. The full set took almost 2 hours, and still I had to go home and spend another hour filing them because the tip ends were filed on a slant. Ugh! Since then I found Nail 3 in Matthews across from Thai Matthews which has amazing food by the way...they are AMAZING! They do the best set of nails no matter which tech you see, great pedicures and waxing and their prices are very very normal...honestly, they should charge more because they are very good at what they do. Lynn does my nails, but like I said anyone in the shop is great. I highly recommend trying it if you live in the area.

Old 06-17-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcshea View Post

I don't even think a hair cut should be 30.00. I think 20.00 is plenty. I just tried this other place in Denver that a friend of mine referred me to. Her hair came out fantastic. The color and cut are amazing. She has long hair and she paid 105.00 for cut and highlites. I tried her a couple of weeks ago. She charged me 30.00 and this haircut I got will go down in the history books as the WORST EVER!!! It's chopped to shreads, horrible, horrible!

Old 06-17-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccinderella View Post
When I relocated here from South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale) in August 2006 I had the same problem finding a nail salon that I could get a set of nails I didn't have to go to Sally's and buy supplies to go home and fix myself afterward, and that had reasonable prices! I can't remember the exact names of the first 2 I tried, but one was in Piper Station area and for a full set of pink & white and a pedicure it was $110 without tip..I almost choked..especially since it isn't a high end full service salon, it's a walk-in type place and the prices were not posted or displayed...never occurred to me that it would be this price. I also had fills and a pedicure at a place in Stonecrest and the prices were also ridiculous and I hated the work that both of them did for my nails. I then tried Beauty Brands on Providence and Ballantyne and although they were all very nice, I laughed at the options the receptionist gave me to make an appointment for nails; "do you want a nail tech, expert nail tech or master nail tech?" the difference being their level of education and years of experience...clearly, anyone being asked this question that has been getting their nails done since high school and is now 40 years old would choose the "master" but still, are you kidding me? So, I booked with the master level tech, who when i arrived gave me a pedicure which was mediocre, and then proceeded to tell me she just returned from a Creative Nail seminar and I would be her first actual customer where she would now be using a technique she hadn't used in all her 15 years of experience. The full set took almost 2 hours, and still I had to go home and spend another hour filing them because the tip ends were filed on a slant. Ugh! Since then I found Nail 3 in Matthews across from Thai Matthews which has amazing food by the way...they are AMAZING! They do the best set of nails no matter which tech you see, great pedicures and waxing and their prices are very very normal...honestly, they should charge more because they are very good at what they do. Lynn does my nails, but like I said anyone in the shop is great. I highly recommend trying it if you live in the area.

That's hysterical a master nail technician. What a joke. I can do my own just as good. How much did they charge you in the Matthews one? 110 on nails? I would have fainted! That beats my 215.00 for my hair.

Old 06-17-2007, 09:25 PM

43 posts, read 150,478 times
thanks everyone!!! i will try nail 3 this time around!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte