Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 09:12 PM

211 posts, read 501,074 times

Advertisements

Hi guys!

hope you were enjoying the beautiful weather!

So right now we live in noda but have noticed a uprise in crime in our highland mills apartment complex> we just got a letter saying that they will raise our rent just a quarter of a 100 more, I feel like we are paying way to much for our place so hence we are looking into a new place to live.

any suggestions besides craigslist, realtor.com etc any managment companies that I dont know, please shoot me a dm or anything.

we would like to live near uptown, perferably a house! no carpet, has to have washer dryer connections as we have a awesome washer dryer connections.

I would like to be able to get to trader joes, target easily! a yard would also be nice!

any suggestions? we dont end our lease til august sometime but id like to start looking as in areas to look into. also will rentals go up in prices in homes? vs apartments? and lastly will more availabities be there during summer?

thanks for reading this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 04:22 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
They went up $25? That is about as low a jump in rent as one could get . . . or maybe I misunderstood you.

What is your price range for rent?

Old 03-21-2010, 04:39 PM

211 posts, read 501,074 times
well for what we pay for, i feel we could get a house and the space we want. I told them if they want us, they will have to stay at 900 because honestly that is what the market price is.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:50 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmanak View Post
well for what we pay for, i feel we could get a house and the space we want. I told them if they want us, they will have to stay at 900 because honestly that is what the market price is.
Agree - you can get a decent apartment for $900 but I believe most houses are gonna be higher. However, I have not checked lately and it could be there are houses out there for $900 - just wouldn't think they would be near uptown. But you never know til you look!

The good thing is - you have enough time b/f you have to do something.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:18 PM

143 posts, read 537,473 times
I live in Madison Park - prime location. There are several houses for rent at a decent price.
Here is a link to one of them: 5114 Buckingham Dr, Charlotte, NC 28209 - Zillow

Walk to Harris Teeter and Trade Joes/Target is a five minute drive away.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:03 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kja25 View Post
I live in Madison Park - prime location. There are several houses for rent at a decent price.
Here is a link to one of them: 5114 Buckingham Dr, Charlotte, NC 28209 - Zillow

Walk to Harris Teeter and Trade Joes/Target is a five minute drive away.

That house is a steal at that price

Old 03-22-2010, 01:31 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,651,845 times
I just lucked into a beautiful place in Cherry - you would not believe how much this neighborhood has improved!! I won't tell you my rent, but I will say I got a great 3-bedroom for less than $900. It's the perfect neighborhood since we have no car right now - 5 minute walk to Trader Joe's or Target, very close to major bus routes, the neighborhood shuttle takes us to Harris Teeter in Dilworth in about 8 minutes.

I had fears about this neighborhood, but where we are (closer to 3rd Street and the new condos) is gorgeous, well-maintained. Folks care about the neighborhood, so nearly everyone's introduced themselves - a rarity in Charlotte, I think! A neighborhood where folks really know who lives here! It's surprisingly quiet here.

I know I've posted this link recently - I thought it was this thread, but I guess not! - but I found this place on socialserve.com The owner has a few other properties, I'll DM you her contact info, they're not in this neighborhood, but I remember one was in NoDa. I've seen a few other rentals here, it would be worth driving through.

There are little pockets of affordable rentals in even the more expensive neighborhoods - in Plaza-Midwood, there are 3-bedroom homes under $900, you just have to drive around, check Craigslist, socialserve, etc. Some landlords are willing to lower their rent, if their place has been vacant a while.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:01 PM

102 posts, read 285,106 times
Im paying 610 ( was 595 before the renewal this month) for a duplex right across the street from South Park mall.. its a little over 900 square feet, 2 bdrm, fireplace, washer and dryer, enclosed porch, storage shed, carport.. at the end of a very queit cul de sac.. plus an awesome landlord..

I also have a job at Southpark Mall so i walk to work everyday..

I found this place last year around this time when i moved from 1420 Magnolia Apts.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:21 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,397,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by advent View Post
Im paying 610 ( was 595 before the renewal this month) for a duplex right across the street from South Park mall.. its a little over 900 square feet, 2 bdrm, fireplace, washer and dryer, enclosed porch, storage shed, carport.. at the end of a very queit cul de sac.. plus an awesome landlord..

I also have a job at Southpark Mall so i walk to work everyday..

I found this place last year around this time when i moved from 1420 Magnolia Apts.
Now, that is a real steal. Way to go!

Old 03-22-2010, 03:28 PM

102 posts, read 285,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn_QueenBee View Post
Now, that is a real steal. Way to go!
I hate to brag but it was probably best deal i have ever got in my life I was thinking the landlord was going to raise the rent after the first year by a lot but it was only $15.. she could have upped it another $100 and i would have still stayed because of my job being walkable (Hopefully she doesnt read this forum)

and i almost debated even moving into this place because i was thinking there has to be something wrong or maybe somebody was brutally murdered in it..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte