Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2010, 01:40 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,634,315 times

Advertisements

Congrats Sunny!

Hope all the moms out there are enjoying their day. Happy Mother's Day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 08:37 PM

7,041 posts, read 14,968,759 times
Hope that everyone had a great Mother's Day! Work tomorrow...

Old 05-10-2010, 06:20 AM

7,041 posts, read 14,968,759 times
morning guys. Glad these cool mornings are over. Couldn't sleep last night; (don't breathe well in the cold).

hope everyone has a great day.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:33 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,325,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
morning guys. Glad these cool mornings are over. Couldn't sleep last night; (don't breathe well in the cold).

hope everyone has a great day.
Your so funny for a former Chicago resident. You must have been a bitter person
North Carolina is your promise land.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:45 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,192,049 times
Doesn't it kinda hit others odd that folks say they are packing up and gonna move down here, but they have never visited, they know nothing about the job situation, haven't bothered to research the weather and can't spell CHARLOTTE? I mean, if you spend any time googling CHARLOTTE you surely have to know how to spell it, right? And if you decide this is the place to be, wouldn't you have come to that conclusion after doing a lot of research? Scary to think folks just out of the blue decide to pick up and relocate with knowing nothing about this part of the country.

Kinda seems they have thrown a pin at the map. "Oh, looks like we are gonna head to Charlotte!" lol

Old 05-10-2010, 08:55 AM

852 posts, read 2,459,075 times
Let me tell you something even stranger. I was moving here (husband was moving with his job) and I told everyone I was moving to Charlottesville and I would add "where the Waltons went for their shopping". I then came over for a week - 5 weeks before moving here. I wandered around the shops, thought the driving was bizarre, was amazed at cars that said "sheriff" and that they had guns. I moved here and got everything sorted once I got here.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:04 AM

You mean you're not supposed to use pins!?

Cubs, we are children of our environments. Too many years of living in hot and humid Florida for me. So bad I couldn't breathe.

Heading back to work today after being home a week with "near pneumonia". Only going to do the afternoon job. Work my way back into it. I'm already tired and haven't left yet. Too many sleepless nights and time spent on CD. I have ramblngs all over the place on here.

I am hearing I might be going back into a den of sickness at school. Strep is all over and some nasty stomach virus. In May? What the heck. I am just not going to breathe I guess. You guys have anything going around there?????

Have a great one everyone!

Old 05-10-2010, 10:18 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,325,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
You mean you're not supposed to use pins!?

Cubs, we are children of our environments. Too many years of living in hot and humid Florida for me. So bad I couldn't breathe.

Heading back to work today after being home a week with "near pneumonia". Only going to do the afternoon job. Work my way back into it. I'm already tired and haven't left yet. Too many sleepless nights and time spent on CD. I have ramblngs all over the place on here.

I am hearing I might be going back into a den of sickness at school. Strep is all over and some nasty stomach virus. In May? What the heck. I am just not going to breathe I guess. You guys have anything going around there?????

Have a great one everyone!
I hope you feel better and glad you didnt get pneumonia ,
Get a pneumonia shot soon they are good for 5 years.
have a espresso shot or go to a shop & rob and buy one of those
5 hour energy bottles at the cashier stand
Keep feeling better

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Doesn't it kinda hit others odd that folks say they are packing up and gonna move down here, but they have never visited, they know nothing about the job situation, haven't bothered to research the weather and can't spell CHARLOTTE? I mean, if you spend any time googling CHARLOTTE you surely have to know how to spell it, right? And if you decide this is the place to be, wouldn't you have come to that conclusion after doing a lot of research? Scary to think folks just out of the blue decide to pick up and relocate with knowing nothing about this part of the country.

Kinda seems they have thrown a pin at the map. "Oh, looks like we are gonna head to Charlotte!" lol
It reminds me of movies & tv shows where many state
Im going to Los Angeles California, Ill become a star.
maybe in the north east the saying is about Charlotte

we need a billboard that says. Unless your rich, have a job lined up
or live off retirement we are
Spoiler

Old 05-10-2010, 10:31 AM

Thanks Sunny. I know I had the pneumonia vaccine in the past but it has been apparently more than five years. Time flies! I wll check with the dr when I go back next week for my re-check.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:21 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,346,129 times
Arghh parvo!!

NOT Jett. We went to the vet for some shots today (he also gained 4 lbs in 2 weeks), and a poor puppy was sitting near us. Later we find out he has parvo. The vet told me later to carry Jett out to the car and not let him walk out, just in case. She cleaned off his feet, and I gave him a bath as soon as we got home.

Mortality for parvo is high in puppies. Sheesh. I am so angry with people who have dogs and then don't vaccinate.

I still feel contaminated, even though the chances of exposure for Jett or even me (on my shoes) is low. I was still instructed to clean my shoes with bleach. I may throw them out instead (they are old, junky shoes that should have been tossed away years ago).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte