Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2010, 05:42 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,334,520 times

Advertisements

Good morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 05:58 AM

7,041 posts, read 14,943,139 times
good morning all...

Barking, you also need to know that you are to pray & ask God for your needs to be met. Matthew 7:7-11
Ask, Seek, Knock

7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Old 07-29-2010, 10:50 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,786,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
good morning all...

Barking, you also need to know that you are to pray & ask God for your needs to be met. Matthew 7:7-11
Ask, Seek, Knock

7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
I don't feel comfortable doing that CC. I figure that God knows my needs & will provide them when the time is right. I think its more important, at least with me, to pray for family & for those who are sick.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:18 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,352,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
I don't feel comfortable doing that CC. I figure that God knows my needs & will provide them when the time is right. I think its more important, at least with me, to pray for family & for those who are sick.
I'm with you Barkingowl. I always pray for others first (yes, including pets). I pray for myself for guidance & strength & like you, feels that God knows what I need & when I need it.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:52 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,419,348 times
Want a laugh? Not sure, but this might be lost on some, for geographic reasons. http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...o-one-has.html

If you miss some of this, sorry.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:12 PM

972 posts, read 2,433,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Agreed! Actually, I think God has already provided for my needs. When things get tough, I just need to be grateful for and utilize the gifts and support I am already surrounded with.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:23 AM

7,041 posts, read 14,943,139 times
morning all, the humidity is supposed to be lower today, so, it (hopefully) will be more comfy.

SB, that WAS hilarious

To the others, I am truly sorry that you don't feel comfortable asking God for your needs. While it is true that HE provides for you anyway, HE wants you to feel comfortable asking HIM, too. But, that's ok... HE loves you just the way that you are; more than you will ever know!!

Here is a humorous look at a pastor's prayer life:

http://www.naeemfazal.com/praying-pi...e-face-prayers

Old 07-30-2010, 09:18 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,252,507 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/coast...ain-among.html

Old 07-30-2010, 09:23 AM

23,809 posts, read 34,419,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
morning all, the humidity is supposed to be lower today, so, it (hopefully) will be more comfy.

SB, that WAS hilarious

To the others, I am truly sorry that you don't feel comfortable asking God for your needs. While it is true that HE provides for you anyway, HE wants you to feel comfortable asking HIM, too. But, that's ok... HE loves you just the way that you are; more than you will ever know!!

Here is a humorous look at a pastor's prayer life:

Naeem Fazal • Praying “Pie in the face” prayers
Thanks, cubs. I was hoping to just give people a good laugh, but then got concerned that some of it might be too geographically specific. I'm glad that you got a good laugh.

I've been spending more of my CD time on the South Jersey board, lately, helping a woman from Raleigh, who's husband just got transferred to my old town.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:30 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,786,598 times
It seems that the thread that you posted SB is a lot lighter hearted & more humerous than if we had a similar one start up in this section. Thanks for posting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte