Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2011, 09:41 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,152 times

Advertisements

I don't understand why you say you hate your life.....why would you hate doing things for your wife? Yes, I know you are divorced from her, but you stated that the only reason you did so was insurance reasons.

If you think it sucks so bad, think about what she is going through. Imagine what she is feeling and how she is hurting emotionally!

Count your blessings that you are able to help her and be there for her!!
Take care of her and love her, be there for her. Do all that you can for her, tell her she's beautiful and you love her. Afterall, you didn't divorce because you didn't love each other. Don't let some person like the girl you mentioned take away from your time with her but remember that these things happen and let your voice be heard to TPTB to stop the fraud!

Love your wife, that's what truly matters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
Started out as a typical Sunday. Got up, reset all the clocks and watches, and headed over to Concord to visit with the ex-wife at the home. She wanted to get a few things at K-Mart, so we grab some pizza for lunch. This whole time she's occasionally trying to talk, and I literally can't understand anything she's saying. It's all complete gibberish. I finally can extract what she wants, and we get one item at K-Mart, and have to go to Super Target for a few of the others. At this point she mentions that she needs to have a suture staple removed today. Now, I know she fell and got hurt a week ago, but I have no idea there was a staple, and why it was necessary for me to have to do this. So, we head to the ER since they'll always remove the sutures there for no charge.

It's one of those weekends. Tons of people in the waiting room. I have them add her name to the list, and we wait. And we wait. While we're waiting, a group of about six people come in with an infant. About five minutes later, the two guys, wearing what looked like surgical masks (???) walk through the waiting area saying "f%*k" about every other word, and, I guess, leave AMA. I swear I though they'd be back any minute with their guns.

So, we get to the triage area, and once again I start getting asked questions I can't answer (how much does she weigh?) or just hate having to answer everytime (why isn't this stuff documented and on record somewhere?). When we go over to the admissions area, they ask if she's still covered under Aetna. She's been covered under Medicare for a while now. No wonder why I used to get these odd letters from Aetna concerning procedures in her name that were going to remain unpaid. Jeez!

Finally, while we're sitting waiting for a Dr., I overhear the conversation next to us. A young girl tells the doctor that she falsified her admission id so that Medicaid would cover her bill, since she's already covered under Medicaid under her real name but doesn't want this visit to be on record (or something like that). The doctor sternly tells her that what she just did is a feloney. I really wanted to get up and go over there and smack the ever-living-s%&t out of her. Here's a reasonably able-bodied woman who's getting Medicaid because she can't keep her knees together long enough to keep from getting knocked-up twice, and I'm sitting with a woman who went to college, worked for a living and had a career, and now, has a disease that couldn't have been prevented in any way. Yet she's about to be evicted from the home because Medicaid won't let her into their system and cover her expenses. There's something seriously wrong with the system.

Well, eventually we get back to the home. I hate being inside that place. It's just about the worst thing in the world to have to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 11:13 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,950,025 times
Kevin I hate the ER waiting rooms too. Sometimes you sit & wonder why its taking so long when there's no one but you in the room. Other times its full to capacity with kids with sniffles. The only time I've gotten instant service was when I staggered in the doors. I went up to the desk & they asked what was wrong & I told them I was having severe chest pains. I think I was being treated within 30 seconds.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:56 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,702,805 times
Default On the other hand

Superk--another way to look at this is to think about how much you have been through in the past. I recall when a couple of years back you were juggling to put out a hundred fires a day and still get your paper route down at some ungodly hour of the day. You did a superhuman job my friend.

Think about how hard that was and how you got through it. Think positive now and feel good about what you did. Think Spring. New life. Think about how much better off you are than so many other people (Japan).
Think about "this too will pass" and the future is always brighter.

I have nothing but praise for what you did to help youself and wife thru all you've been through.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:01 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,035,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
Superk--another way to look at this is to think about how much you have been through in the past. I recall when a couple of years back you were juggling to put out a hundred fires a day and still get your paper route down at some ungodly hour of the day. You did a superhuman job my friend.

Think about how hard that was and how you got through it. Think positive now and feel good about what you did. Think Spring. New life. Think about how much better off you are than so many other people (Japan).
Think about "this too will pass" and the future is always brighter.

I have nothing but praise for what you did to help youself and wife thru all you've been through.
You know, SuperKev...that is exactly how I feel about you, too. You are SUPER K..and, you are one amazing guy. You've taken a really rough situation and made it better...well, tolerable, anyway...and I admire you for it. Yes, love on your wife, know that she knows/understands how much you love her and try to see the positive side of things. I know that it's a stretch, but, you have to do that...for your own sanity as well as hers. Feel the hugs, here, ok??

Old 03-14-2011, 05:04 AM

on, the other hand, you could live in MY neighbourhood and deal with DJ Wannabe until 1.30 am on a day where you have to work all day and take a midterm at night....

Old 03-14-2011, 10:49 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,655,109 times
I sat down last night and worked out a budget. Basically, what I'm getting from unemployment is just barely enough to live on, especially if I cut back and don't eat or drive anywhere and save my gas. Can't decide if I should give up my cell phone or my internet. Probably the cell phone ...

The thing is, I don't even know if I should bother to even be looking. If the lawsuit against us is filed, and the court rules that the evicition is legal and she's placed into my custody, then obviously I can't work. While there's nothing I can do, without any income I certainly can't afford a caregiver, nor can she. But I can't just leave her unattended somewhere.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:59 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,675,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
I sat down last night and worked out a budget. Basically, what I'm getting from unemployment is just barely enough to live on, especially if I cut back and don't eat or drive anywhere and save my gas. Can't decide if I should give up my cell phone or my internet. Probably the cell phone ...

The thing is, I don't even know if I should bother to even be looking. If the lawsuit against us is filed, and the court rules that the evicition is legal and she's placed into my custody, then obviously I can't work. While there's nothing I can do, without any income I certainly can't afford a caregiver, nor can she. But I can't just leave her unattended somewhere.
Kevin, look into the data center in King Mountain. It won't be a high number of jobs, but wil be paying ~$72K. It will be opening this spring.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:16 PM

Dude, Wells Fargo is hiring all sorts of IT people. They might be contract jobs, but, it's better than nothing! Try Robert Half, they are a fairly decent headhunter...don't know what to tell you...except...I wish that I could help.

Have you tried an attorney to help you with the medicaide debacle? Try Tamara Brooks..she is very much on the side of the "regular" people.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:01 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,352,018 times
Good morning , everyone!!
This thread is dusty , LOL!!

Old 03-30-2011, 04:08 PM

hi, all...

thanks eta for finding it! Looked for the thread the other day and gave up!

Just got back from my trip to London...it was fabulous. Now back into everyday life. YUK.

Hope everyone else (superK?) is doing ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte