U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 08:35 AM

1,865 posts, read 4,791,386 times

Advertisements

???? We have a "censor" on here????? I'm talking about a tree....a weeping p u s s y willow tree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 08:42 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,581,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
Have a SAFE trip bs13690...like Sunny, I've seen so much scary stuff about Mexico lately.

Yes Ani, the Bradford Pears are in full bloom here in my subd...they are gorgeous!! I love this time of year here. I think I'm going to plant a Dogwood out front, I've always wanted one. Saw a Weeping ***** Willow at Lowe's last week, might get one of those too.
Weeping Cherries are pretty too

Old 03-25-2010, 08:49 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,141,087 times
Quote:
???? We have a "censor" on here????? I'm talking about a tree....a weeping p u s s y willow tree.
Yes . . . the censor thingie doesn't understand context so like the word saurkrraut, it takes out krraut. Nothing to be done but work around it, lol.

Your tree ideas sound beautiful! I love pusssy willows and dogwoods. I have 2 magnolias blooming!

Old 03-25-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
whatever the mystery word is you can bring it up in

About the Forum city its vbulletin (the software) not city data that censor the word
the list can be modify but I dont think they will modify that word lol

Old 03-25-2010, 09:00 AM

1,865 posts, read 4,791,386 times
They're pretty too. My aunt had a beautiful, huge Magnolia tree in her front yard back in the Bronx. Even after she passed away, I would drive by her house every spring just to see it bloom (along with the azalea plant that my brother gave her). Her son lived across the street & was renting he house out until he moved & sold both houses. The following spring, I drove by the house to see the tree & it was gone. The new owners had patio blocked the whole front yard & put the ugliest, gaudiest water fountain where that magnificent tree once stood. They even ripped up all the bushes. I felt so bad.

I'm looking to plant something a little different than what everyone else has out front. The builder put 2 Bradford Pears in the front yards of most of the homes except ours & the homes in the back end. We have maples instead.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:25 AM

3,115 posts, read 6,148,345 times
I saw a story on the news where some tourists were robbed in Mexico, but they were outside of their resort at 11:30 at night, and they guy was carrying $1000 in cash. I know it's not technically their fault, but it doesn't take a genius to know that they were being stupid. As long as you stay on your resort, particularly after dark, and don't carry large amounts of cash, I wouldn't be worried. Travel 101.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:57 AM

I was just walking Indigo a minute ago & I saw something I never seen before
a Tulip Tree
When its in full blossom ill take a picture of it

Quote:
They're pretty too. My aunt had a beautiful, huge Magnolia tree in her front yard back in the Bronx. Even after she passed away, I would drive by her house every spring just to see it bloom (along with the azalea plant that my brother gave her). Her son lived across the street & was renting he house out until he moved & sold both houses. The following spring, I drove by the house to see the tree & it was gone. The new owners had patio blocked the whole front yard & put the ugliest, gaudiest water fountain where that magnificent tree once stood. They even ripped up all the bushes. I felt so bad.

I'm looking to plant something a little different than what everyone else has out front. The builder put 2 Bradford Pears in the front yards of most of the homes except ours & the homes in the back end. We have maples instead.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:22 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,141,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I was just walking Indigo a minute ago & I saw something I never seen before
a Tulip Tree
When its in full blossom ill take a picture of it
I have two! They are a variety of magnolia! If it were not such a pain in the tuckus to upload photos I would go take one and upload it here.

It is easy to upload to FB. Wish the Mods were add some social software to make it easier to upload here at C-D. Maybe I should suggest that on the Admin page!

Old 03-25-2010, 12:22 PM

3,428 posts, read 9,248,639 times
I give up. Honestly. Someone shoot me. Please!

Can a pharmacy legally withhold prescriptions?

Old 03-25-2010, 01:01 PM

1,511 posts, read 2,881,848 times
Hey everyone: heading over to Chicago next week to visit the team and do some work on site. It's funny but I've kind of missed the old stomping grounds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte