U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2010, 04:40 AM

7,041 posts, read 13,089,302 times

Advertisements

morning all...79 degrees already at 6.30 AM. gonna be a hot one for all of you that work outside!

take care, lots of sports drinks, etc. Saw on TV that kids are starting to practice American football already...pls make sure that your child is properly hydrated and cools down properly. Don't want to hear about any heat-related illnesses!! Glad that my kids are grown. Wouldn't want to have that argument with them!!

have a great day everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 04:41 AM

604 posts, read 1,129,651 times
Good morning all. Lets go spray paint rental homes we own.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:00 AM

1,494 posts, read 2,859,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
morning all...79 degrees already at 6.30 AM. gonna be a hot one for all of you that work outside!

take care, lots of sports drinks, etc. Saw on TV that kids are starting to practice American football already...pls make sure that your child is properly hydrated and cools down properly. Don't want to hear about any heat-related illnesses!! Glad that my kids are grown. Wouldn't want to have that argument with them!!

have a great day everyone!
Sad part about it , alot of the coaches don't care. If they pass out , they will kick them until they awaken. Then make them continue after dropping to give them 20 , LOL!!

Old 08-05-2010, 05:57 AM

3,421 posts, read 9,215,040 times
So true. When I was in HS I played football. Football camp would start in early August, which was a week of intensive exercise and practice, always in full uniforms and helmets. Regular daily practice started immediately after, even before school had started.

I remember how, as the Fall progressed, it would become increasingly colder each night at practice. Nothing like doing chin-ups on a metal bar outdoors when it was cold enough that your hands would stick to the metal. Wearing gloves, long-sleeve undershirts, or jackets was never allowed at any point in the season.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
So true. When I was in HS I played football. Football camp would start in early August, which was a week of intensive exercise and practice, always in full uniforms and helmets. Regular daily practice started immediately after, even before school had started.

I remember how, as the Fall progressed, it would become increasingly colder each night at practice. Nothing like doing chin-ups on a metal bar outdoors when it was cold enough that your hands would stick to the metal. Wearing gloves, long-sleeve undershirts, or jackets was never allowed at any point in the season.
I'm afraid that this very protective Chicagoan mother would have had something to say about that!!

I was never that fond of the whole concept of sports, let alone putting my kid in danger because of them! (goes against my family upbringing that school is for LEARNING, not playing!)

Old 08-06-2010, 12:52 AM

1,494 posts, read 2,859,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
I'm afraid that this very protective Chicagoan mother would have had something to say about that!!

I was never that fond of the whole concept of sports, let alone putting my kid in danger because of them! (goes against my family upbringing that school is for LEARNING, not playing!)
Yeah , I've never been a fan of sports. I used to watch sychronized swimming when I was younger to assist in learning to swim. Other than that , nothing. It is excessively boring to me. Then alot of players sustain injuries , and despite warnings , keep playing. Nowadays , even the fans start fighting. Talk about 'sore sports'. It seems with each passing year , humanity discards intellect in favor of physical abilities.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:34 AM

morning all. Eta, you are right on many accounts.

another soupy day today (Al Conklin's words) with storms going on...So, be careful.

take care out there!

Old 08-06-2010, 06:47 AM

1,139 posts, read 2,049,360 times
Good morning all. Have a good one today. I am going to begin taking advantage of the tax free weekend. With the loose change around the house I will get some the school supply deals for my school to help those who need some. If you can do the same please.
I hope I don't get too much if any rain. I am so over it now

Old 08-06-2010, 07:59 PM

that was quite the series of storms tonight, eh?

Old 08-07-2010, 06:23 AM

3,421 posts, read 9,215,040 times
chat thread 4-yogibearposter.jpg

What do you guys think of this actual poster for an upcoming Yogi Bear movie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte