U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2010, 07:18 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,473,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
that was quite the series of storms tonight, eh?
Tup...was glad I got an early flight home and beat them in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 07:53 AM

7,041 posts, read 13,124,398 times
morning all, looks like a lovely day today, lower humidity and yet, still sunny. Time to open the windows and air the place out! Ironing and cleaning the kitchen today...staying AWAY from the malls/Walmart!

have a great one!

Old 08-08-2010, 07:40 AM

morning all, well, the ironing project taught me to look into dry cleaners that do this for a minimal charge! Haven't ironed in years and it took 3 hours, a sore back and neck muscles...yeah, so not worth it. Since I now work in a more professional type of environment, ironed and starched clothes are more important, but, I will be looking into the costs of having it done rather than doing it!

Cleaning the kitchen (this is a massive clean, where I wash the walls, windows, curtains, and move what I can out of the room to get behind it) was kind of downhill from the ironing project. Did not finish, but, quit at 9 pm. Will have to finish this 1/2 today and do the other 1/2 next week. Phew! I need a weekend to recover from my weekend!

Anyway, hope that all has a great day. Gear up for another hot week; more records to be broken, I understand. We have (apparently) developed a la nina weather system which says that the winter will be milder and there will be more hurricanes!

Old 08-08-2010, 08:50 AM

21,961 posts, read 27,242,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
morning all, well, the ironing project taught me to look into dry cleaners that do this for a minimal charge! Haven't ironed in years and it took 3 hours, a sore back and neck muscles...yeah, so not worth it. Since I now work in a more professional type of environment, ironed and starched clothes are more important, but, I will be looking into the costs of having it done rather than doing it!

Cleaning the kitchen (this is a massive clean, where I wash the walls, windows, curtains, and move what I can out of the room to get behind it) was kind of downhill from the ironing project. Did not finish, but, quit at 9 pm. Will have to finish this 1/2 today and do the other 1/2 next week. Phew! I need a weekend to recover from my weekend!

Anyway, hope that all has a great day. Gear up for another hot week; more records to be broken, I understand. We have (apparently) developed a la nina weather system which says that the winter will be milder and there will be more hurricanes!
Look into some nice seersucker blouses. You never iron seersucker. It's the gift that keeps on giving every time you wash.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:55 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,576,458 times
Congratulations to Juan Pablo Montoya
for winning the race that isnt just ovals that many non race fans think Nascar is.
And it is up North .
in NEW YORK
The race track they make left turns then right. on the Sports
channel ESPN

WOW from the driver, location, type of track and what station aired this
breaks all ignorant myths that some non Nascar fans have.

Great race.
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/coastal-north-carolina/"]Coastal [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/western-north-carolina/"]Western [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/"]Charlotte [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/york-lancaster-counties/"]York & Lancaster[/URL]

[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"]Terms of Service. No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks[/URL]

Old 08-09-2010, 04:15 AM

morning all, another string of 90 degree weather ahead. Same drill, lots of water, sports drinks, stay safe.

take care guys!

Old 08-09-2010, 04:21 AM

1,494 posts, read 2,871,539 times
Good morning.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:21 PM

hey, Barking...are you ok? Haven't seen you on here in awhile?

Old 08-09-2010, 06:34 PM

1,865 posts, read 4,791,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
Attachment 66513

What do you guys think of this actual poster for an upcoming Yogi Bear movie?
"Great things come in bears"???!!! UMmmmm....don't they have any proof readers before they print this stuff? I could do 20 mins. on that sentence alone

Old 08-09-2010, 07:17 PM

1,511 posts, read 2,881,526 times
Hey guys: if anyone is planning a last minute get away to the Carolina beaches pls watch out for jelly fish!! Sucker "got me good" on my calf last week (Hilton Head). I am now having an extreme delayed allergic reaction (not life threatening) and am on steroid creams and anti-histamines for the next week. My leg is swollen and very itchy!

I'd post a picture of my leg but I'm trying not to look at it too much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte