Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2010, 08:52 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
guess I got spoiled, Sunny. Love that warmth!!!
I hear ya
I guess someone coming from Chicago you must have really got
burn out on the cold weather.

If you want warmth spend a week down in FT. Launderdale for
the week of Fourth of July.
Its there off season even for a holiday the hotels where
cheap. I now know what a boardwalk is like beautiful clear blue
ocean water but I was out in the sun for my first day
no sunscreen burnt in 15 minutes. It was a bummer because I
had six more days. I had a good time Fun town though
thats what matters

edit: ugh I hate being first post of a new page
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 08:09 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I hear ya
I guess someone coming from Chicago you must have really got
burn out on the cold weather.

If you want warmth spend a week down in FT. Launderdale for
the week of Fourth of July.
Its there off season even for a holiday the hotels where
cheap. I now know what a boardwalk is like beautiful clear blue
ocean water but I was out in the sun for my first day
no sunscreen burnt in 15 minutes. It was a bummer because I
had six more days. I had a good time Fun town though
thats what matters

edit: ugh I hate being first post of a new page
Yeah; not a fan of the cold. I also have cold-induced asthma and so I find it hard to breathe when it is cold.

Up until very recently, I never burned no matter how long I stayed in the sun, no matter where I was. Then, one day, I went to the beach in SC for the day (had done this millions of times before without any kind of issue), and got sun poisioning!! I was so sick....couldn't even make it home. Now, I am terrified of burning again so I use sunscreen and rarely stay out in the sun for very long.

When I was in China, I was the hottest I had ever been in my life. It was very humid, very, very, very hot and the pollution was horrid. Sweat was continuous. Even after taking a shower....it was really, really bad!! Don't want to be that hot ever again!!

I'll take upper 80's and low 90's without a problem!!

Old 04-09-2010, 08:18 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,451,672 times
Hello to all...

Even though I dont really "know" all of you, I have to share that my son and his wife welcomed our new baby, Emery James, today. 8 lbs 9 oz and a beautiful baby. So glad its over after a challenging pregnancy and many worries. He is healthy and they are over the moon happy...as I am.

How wonderful it is to have such great news. I am flying...and I dont mean for work LOL

Old 04-09-2010, 08:39 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Grandpa

Old 04-09-2010, 08:51 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Hello to all...

Even though I dont really "know" all of you, I have to share that my son and his wife welcomed our new baby, Emery James, today. 8 lbs 9 oz and a beautiful baby. So glad its over after a challenging pregnancy and many worries. He is healthy and they are over the moon happy...as I am.

How wonderful it is to have such great news. I am flying...and I dont mean for work LOL
Congrats!!!!!!!

Old 04-09-2010, 09:18 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,360,441 times
Quote:
Hello to all...

Congrats to you and your son and family !!!

Old 04-09-2010, 09:21 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,360,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Yeah; not a fan of the cold. I also have cold-induced asthma and so I find it hard to breathe when it is cold.

Up until very recently, I never burned no matter how long I stayed in the sun, no matter where I was. Then, one day, I went to the beach in SC for the day (had done this millions of times before without any kind of issue), and got sun poisioning!! I was so sick....couldn't even make it home. Now, I am terrified of burning again so I use sunscreen and rarely stay out in the sun for very long.

When I was in China, I was the hottest I had ever been in my life. It was very humid, very, very, very hot and the pollution was horrid. Sweat was continuous. Even after taking a shower....it was really, really bad!! Don't want to be that hot ever again!!

I'll take upper 80's and low 90's without a problem!!

I know how you felt in China. I was in Bangkok for three weeks and when I went out I was miserable because of the heat, humidity, and pollution. I felt nasty. I then realized why they took so many "showers". My husband's family(who we stayed with) did not have air condition so that was our way of cooling off.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:46 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,451,672 times
Thanks....I am still flying.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:16 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,643,442 times
Quote:
Thanks....I am still flying.
Congratulations!

Old 04-09-2010, 10:18 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,643,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smclarke4 View Post
He did it and earned a 9th place (which doesn't sound much but is huge). He is now in the top ten dancers in the world in his age group. So thanks again for all your good wishes. We had great fun there - absolutely froze our behinds off but enjoyed it all the same.
Belated congratulations to your son! What an accomplishment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte