U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 06-06-2007, 06:25 AM

73 posts, read 270,639 times
Default Stars living in Charlotte area.

I have heard from folks that alot of movie, sports, and recording stars now live in the greater Charlotte area. Anyone know which areas without giving addreses (that would be a no no) ? I have heard Fantashia from American Idol, basketball stars, and even Stephanee Mills from the Wiz fame live in the area. I would imagine they live in places like Ballentine Country Club and The Palisades.
Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-06-2007, 07:11 AM

39 posts, read 97,663 times
Some basketball players live in a community called Brookehaven in Union County some others like M. Bogues live at teh Providence Plantation

Unread 06-06-2007, 07:15 AM

Thats interesting. However I could never imagine living anywhere that ended with "Plantation" lololol

Unread 06-06-2007, 07:23 AM

4,732 posts, read 12,468,763 times
Jeff Gordon, Bob Johnson. A few former NFL players (Frank Reich, Ted Washington and another former Buffalo Bill who has a really long last name). There are a few others, but I cannot think of them.

Unread 06-06-2007, 07:24 AM

39 posts, read 97,663 times
It happens to be a very very nice place........................ I have been there many times and I think is one of the most unique places to live in South Charlotte. But do not venture into this 'Plantation" at night............ You will never be able to get out...... LOL

Unread 06-06-2007, 07:29 AM

Thats funny but scary lolol. As a Black American I take names like plantation serious. Of course I know there are not any cotton fields, etc. But if this is the site of an old plantation, I would be scared at night as the spirits might often roam the community lololol.

Unread 06-06-2007, 07:40 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,723,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln S View Post
I have heard from folks that alot of movie, sports, and recording stars now live in the greater Charlotte area. Anyone know which areas without giving addreses (that would be a no no) ? I have heard Fantashia from American Idol, basketball stars, and even Stephanee Mills from the Wiz fame live in the area. I would imagine they live in places like Ballentine Country Club and The Palisades.
Charlotte is supposed to be a popular place for professional athletes to relocate; I have no idea why. But it is so much so, that one of the Carolina Panthers, Mike Rucker, started a Real Estate firm that has a division entirely dedicated to helping pro athletes relocate to the area.

Here’s the link: Vision Group - Charlotte North Carolina Home for Sale (http://www.vgrusa.com/relocation.htm - broken link)

And you’re right about all those other people who live here too. My understanding is several do what Stephanie Mills did. She lived here for a while (came because of marriage first), left, but then she “quietly” moved back. I hear there are several other celebs who “quietly” have homes here too. I have friends who live near Concord Mills mall who swear Randy Moss has a home in their neighborhood.

Unread 06-06-2007, 07:42 AM

21,443 posts, read 35,027,332 times
lol Avoid Latta Plantation on the north side then lol. I think plantation has taken on a new name in this area to me it means Country club homes away from postage size lots .. hehe

Unread 06-06-2007, 07:54 AM

525 posts, read 1,121,963 times
I know where Brookhaven is..nice homes! We passed it the other day off of McKee I think it was...

Unread 06-06-2007, 08:54 AM

1,384 posts
I used to see LL Cool J in SE Charlotte/Pineville when he had a house here.
Fantasia bought a house in the Piper Glen area.
I babysat twice for Rick Flair.
Tammy Faye is fighting her cancer in the Matthews area.
Tons of racecar drivers and obviously NFL and NBA players for our local teams.

That's all off the top of my head....there are more, I'll post if I remember them....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte