Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 02:05 PM

8 posts, read 50,231 times

Advertisements

the lease ends in january of 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 02:05 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,052,845 times
Unfortunately, I don't think there is much apartment complexes can do about loud music all the time. And the floor vibrating, that happens in all apartments. We live on the first floor, and we always hear loud noises from people just walking on the floor above us. One time someone's cell went off and we could hear the person run across the whole apartment to get it. It sounded like an earthquake lol.

Maybe get some earplugs and study at barnes and noble or library as much as you can till you move out.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:09 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleygurl54 View Post
um. considering this has been going on since i moved to this property in august and nothing has been done to handle the constant noise throughout the day. Im not talking about little bumps and knocks. im talking about constant music all day and night long, slamming so loud my ceiling and floor vibrate, dogs parking all night. my grades in school have suffered because i cant concentrate and study when this is going on. this happens at like 3 in the afternoon and stays constant until 3 in the morning for most of the week. i pay my rent on time every month and have complied with any and every request i have been given. i just dont understand why my complaints cannot be addressed.
I agree that this is ridiculous, but that is a property management issue - not something one calls the cops about.

Not trying to give you a hard time. I would be upset, too, if I were dealing with this chaos.

Sounds like you are dealing with lousy property managers. If you can't afford to move out and lose your security deposit, you are in a really bad situation. The only thing you can do is document - record the noise if you have to - take photos. And if the cops don't mind that you call, then keep calling them. Your call - I didn't talk to them, lol, and so maybe they are fine with it. I would have assumed they would have told you to stop with the frivolous calls.

I am sorry you are dealing with inconsiderate neighbors - it can be miserable.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:33 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,830,787 times
Submit every one of your complaints in writing from now on. Certified mail, return receipt requested. You'll have proof they recieved it, or even better, proof they willfully chose to ignore it. If they ignore it, not good for them.
If I had some jerk pee of their balcony onto mine, and God forbid, onto me, I'd be raising hell about it. The cops would absolutely be called. That is some unsanitary mess there and I would insist something was done about it. Hell, people get arrested for SPITTING on people.

If its a larger management company, see if there is a national or regional office you can call or write to about your problems. Some managers will do as little as possible until their feet get held to the fire. Make it happen.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:34 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,643,442 times
^^^^Great advice. Also, aren't there "noise" laws there? No loud noises or music after 11:00? I thought most places have them.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:16 AM

595 posts, read 1,622,028 times
How much was the deposit if you are willing to pay $2000 to get it back???

I know most people here will disagree with me....

If the deposit was one month's rent, like most places, then just stop paying the rent. It will take at least a month for them to evict you, and since they are going to keep your deposit, you can just think of your deposit as paying that last month's rent.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:52 AM

108 posts, read 119,364 times
As far as the noise, city ordinances override apartment rules. Call the police. If some idiot in a balcony pissed on me, I would beat his door down and throw the SOB off his balcony. But that is me. Have a great day.

DipDog3, it is never a good idea to "not pay the rent". That will be a credit problem for years. I suggest going to civil court.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:47 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,798,005 times
Ani, in most cases I agree with you but not this time. I think she mentioned that she was on her balcony when someone urinated onto hers. I would have defintely called the police especially if I was having continuous problens with the same people. Not to mention I completely agree with the above poster in beating the snot out of someone....GROSS!!!

Also, this is the main reason that I don't care how my situation is, I will never live in an apt. again. The constant noise and inconsiderate people are almost intolerable.

To the OP, I kind of go along with the person who said to put everything in writing and get out of there by any means necessary. I broke my lease at the apt. I lived at when I moved into my house and they threatened all sorts of problems when I told them I wasn't paying their ridiculous fees and they never did anything. Of course it's a different time now and the apt is probably hurting so they may do things differently.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:50 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
Ani, in most cases I agree with you but not this time. I think she mentioned that she was on her balcony when someone urinated onto hers. I would have defintely called the police especially if I was having continuous problens with the same people. Not to mention I completely agree with the above poster in beating the snot out of someone....GROSS!!!

Also, this is the main reason that I don't care how my situation is, I will never live in an apt. again. The constant noise and inconsiderate people are almost intolerable.

To the OP, I kind of go along with the person who said to put everything in writing and get out of there by any means necessary. I broke my lease at the apt. I lived at when I moved into my house and they threatened all sorts of problems when I told them I wasn't paying their ridiculous fees and they never did anything. Of course it's a different time now and the apt is probably hurting so they may do things differently.
I didn't read it as her actually getting drenched in urine - simply that someone peed off their balcony and she witnessed it.

But I gotta tell ya . . . it wasn't that long ago that I was on assignment and had to rent a condo for 6 months . . . and the lady upstairs had a dog that she would allow to pee ON HER BALCONY, which was made of cedar and no lining underneath it. This meant it would drip down unto my balcony.

Now, that may not seem that big of a deal if it is a back balcony, but it was right over my front door.

I asked the lady nicely to please curb her dog (literally) and mentioned it to property management, but to no avail. I had to carry an umbrella with me to even stand at my door to unlock it - to keep from having dog pee drip on me. And this was a condo that rented for $1500 a month 13 years ago- we are talking upscale.

So believe me, I do know about urine and balconies. It's not something one calls the cops about.

ETA: Property management found someone to walk this lady's dog (for a fee) and that is how the problem was finally solved.

May I add . . . someone peeing off their balcony is probably a one-time deal and tying up the police over something like that is simply past insane, IMHO. We pay law enforcement to slap someone's hands for urinating off balconies???? Please.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:12 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,798,005 times
I got to tell you though if urine, whether from someones dog or from someone touches or comes close to me in any fashion...that person is getting an old fashioned southern butt whuppin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte