U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-29-2010, 06:48 PM
 
Location: Western NC
82 posts, read 235,265 times
Reputation: 181

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Sounds like a right wing convention
If thats the case count me in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-29-2010, 07:31 PM
 
1,013 posts, read 2,647,797 times
Reputation: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainWhite View Post
And Republicans.

.....and let's not forget Democrats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2010, 07:32 PM
 
1,013 posts, read 2,647,797 times
Reputation: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Maybe we'll see each other Mike.
Sounds good to me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2010, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Huntersville
1,852 posts, read 4,666,295 times
Reputation: 525
Any Links?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2010, 01:49 PM
 
108 posts, read 84,708 times
Reputation: 48
I am not a member, but I do not think it is a right-wing convention. It is likely that most of the attendees will be to the right, but so what. These are the good people that don't want the U.S. to become another socialist country, anotherwords, those that work for a living. I don't particularly care for Palin, Hannedy, or Gingrich nor am I a Republican. But, as long as this is a free country, the freedom of expression should never be questioned or criticized as is happening today by the left. I am a conceiled gun carrier and don't ever join organizations that can trace me for anything. When and if the time comes, I don't want anyone knowing if I have weapons or not. Too bad this convention couldn't have been this weekend. They could have met the so called president. LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2010, 02:01 PM
 
249 posts, read 425,709 times
Reputation: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurMcAlister View Post
I am not a member, but I do not think it is a right-wing convention. It is likely that most of the attendees will be to the right, but so what. These are the good people that don't want the U.S. to become another socialist country, anotherwords, those that work for a living. I don't particularly care for Palin, Hannedy, or Gingrich nor am I a Republican. But, as long as this is a free country, the freedom of expression should never be questioned or criticized as is happening today by the left. I am a conceiled gun carrier and don't ever join organizations that can trace me for anything. When and if the time comes, I don't want anyone knowing if I have weapons or not. Too bad this convention couldn't have been this weekend. They could have met the so called president. LOL!
Agreed, but are you trying to say that you aren't an NRA member because you think you can be traced via NRA membership? Assuming you are lawfully carrying your concealed firearm with a permit, you are already "traceable." I would argue the govt could more easily gain the right to local govt databases and trace people via permits than NRA membership. NRA membership is important because these people fight for our rights. If we didn't have them watching out for us, look out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2010, 02:03 PM
 
1,013 posts, read 2,647,797 times
Reputation: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
Any Links?

I don't think links are allowed here. Throw "Charlotte NRA Convention" into Google search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2010, 02:05 PM
 
Location: CLT native
4,280 posts, read 10,033,770 times
Reputation: 2270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
Any Links?
139th NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits.

Last edited by mullman; 03-30-2010 at 02:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2010, 02:11 PM
 
1,013 posts, read 2,647,797 times
Reputation: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniac Nation View Post
Agreed, but are you trying to say that you aren't an NRA member because you think you can be traced via NRA membership? Assuming you are lawfully carrying your concealed firearm with a permit, you are already "traceable." I would argue the govt could more easily gain the right to local govt databases and trace people via permits than NRA membership. NRA membership is important because these people fight for our rights. If we didn't have them watching out for us, look out.


This is true. Local gov would be more than willing to give up such info..

I'm sure the NRA would fight to keep membership names from prying eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2010, 02:14 PM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 58,475,137 times
Reputation: 14917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike409 View Post
I don't think links are allowed here. Throw "Charlotte NRA Convention" into Google search.
links are only not allowed from posters with 10 or less posts
and no blogs other than city data blogs
and blogs cant be used for a source as facts in case
you cross them
Im am ok with posts that point out this is a blog

your good
__________________
[B][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Im the moderator for
[/COLOR][/B][URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/north-carolina/"]North Carolina main forum[/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/greensboro-winston-salem-high-point/"]Triad [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/coastal-north-carolina/"]Coastal [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/western-north-carolina/"]Western [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/"]Charlotte [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/york-lancaster-counties/"]York & Lancaster[/URL]

[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"]Terms of Service. No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks[/URL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:17 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top