U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2010, 03:27 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,574,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
Every time I put on 106.5 it was just them laughing at their own jokes. Never got it. I bet if someone did a study, half the show would be them laughing at themselves.. UGH!
+1
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 03:43 PM

628 posts, read 1,857,405 times
Love my Opie and Anthony....They are the only reason I still have XM! That Bob and Tom Show was the absolute worst morning show I have ever heard!!!!!! I couldn't believe that show was on the air. I never heard a bit that made me laugh.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:13 PM

412 posts, read 812,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
I actually don't like the guy they have on during the afternoon drive time. Diesel? I miss Kristen. What happened to her?
She got married and moved to Arkansas where she's a program director now.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:48 PM

165 posts, read 392,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
That's spot on!!!!!!!!! Whenever I put it on that station by mistake in their time frame, all I hear is laughter.......their own mind you! They SUCK!!!!!
I agree. Bob & Tom was nothing but a bunch of laughing. It was the WORST morning show ever. I cannot believe they were kept on 106.5 for such a long time. They should consider just playing an eclectic mix of songs between 6am and 10am like stations that have adopted the "Jack FM" format. No DJs just an interesting playlist of songs you typically don't hear on other stations.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:27 AM

2 posts, read 10,089 times
That's the ONLY decent radio show on in the morning!!

Bob and Tom are a thousand times better than that redneck right-wing fest they call John boy and Billy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherfan101 View Post
I agree. Bob & Tom was nothing but a bunch of laughing. It was the WORST morning show ever. I cannot believe they were kept on 106.5 for such a long time. They should consider just playing an eclectic mix of songs between 6am and 10am like stations that have adopted the "Jack FM" format. No DJs just an interesting playlist of songs you typically don't hear on other stations.

They've played the same 30 songs for the past 10 years.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 04-01-2010 at 05:33 AM.. Reason: inappropriate language

Old 04-01-2010, 05:43 AM

13 posts, read 44,034 times
Bob and Tom was by far the best show in the area. They have always had great comedians on and great musicians. I am pissed that they pulled the plug and will now have to stream it on the internet.
No big loss for me since I listen to the show at work, sucks for 106.5 The End because I won't be part of their 18-34 demographic any more.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:46 AM

2 posts, read 10,089 times
Thumbs up 106.5 is going to lose most of their morning listenership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trexbs View Post
Bob and Tom was by far the best show in the area. They have always had great comedians on and great musicians. I am pissed that they pulled the plug and will now have to stream it on the internet.
No big loss for me since I listen to the show at work, sucks for 106.5 The End because I won't be part of their 18-34 demographic any more.

Seconded.

They're going to lose a LOT of people because of their poor programming choices.

Good thing I listen to other stations and my iPod for music.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:53 AM

13 posts, read 44,034 times
My only hope is that this is just an April fools joke. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:03 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,155,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intelligencia View Post
That's the ONLY decent radio show on in the morning!!

Bob and Tom are a thousand times better than that redneck right-wing fest they call John boy and Billy.

They've played the same 30 songs for the past 10 years.
I suppose you are looking forward to the Marxists visit tomorrow?

Old 04-01-2010, 07:04 AM

78 posts, read 200,849 times
I loved the Bob and Tom show back in 99. Bob Zany was hilarious when he was on. And the show has been a showcase for many up and coming comedians.

But people are right, it has become a non stop laugh track of themselves. And you can almost hear the forced laughter for bad jokes. And occasionally when they got to an interesting topic, Kristy at the news desk would kill it because she had to get her "NEWS stories" in. Very frustrating.

I enjoyed the tunes this morning. I even downloaded a song I heard on the radio.

Can't say I miss it at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or