U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:33 AM

440 posts, read 1,006,628 times

Advertisements

Ok, ok, ok, I'm not looking for a pizza debate. I simply wanted to say that we have a new pizza place in Ballantyne & it's NOT a chain t.G. They have only 3 locations including NYC. It's really nice looking inside, like a restaurant but you can get pizza by the slice, plain is only $2.25. If you click on their website they have a $5 coupon off anything good until 4/15. IMO I thought they had execellent pizza, tho I know it varies for everyone but I figured you want to know what I thought. Libretto's Pizzeria & Italian Kitchen | Manhattan, Charlotte, & Ballantyne
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 01:31 PM

1,511 posts, read 2,871,529 times
I enjoyed the slices I grabbed the other day. Will be back with the family at some point next week, once the opening day thing dies down. It was pretty crazy.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:32 PM

272 posts, read 701,153 times
I've been to the one in the epicenter and thought it was great. I didn't the one in Ballantyne was open yet.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:28 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,051,772 times
What is it near? That whole John J Delany confuses me.....

Old 03-31-2010, 09:17 PM

1,511 posts, read 2,871,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
What is it near? That whole John J Delany confuses me.....
Near the UPS store, in the shopping center where the Harris Teeter is.

I know what you mean about that road: the first time I tried to go from BB+T to Providence Pediatrics in one trip did not end well. I am embarassed to say I got completely lost .

Old 04-01-2010, 05:50 PM

2 posts, read 7,497 times
We moved last summer from NY.....have been looking for a great pizza place here in Charlotte. When we saw Libretto's opening, we had to try it, & called in an order. Upon arrival, they said it hadn't turned out right, something about a "hole in the middle" of it. (?????) So they proceeded to make another one, while we waited another 25 min. No discount was offered, not even a free soda thrown in for their mistake & our wait. Then when we got it home, found it to be dry, hardly any sauce on it, & the cheese was tasteless. The amount of toppings was sufficient (chopped onions), & the crust thick enough, but crust & onions don't make a good pizza. I could've made an onion sandwich for free at home, instead of wasting $20 there. Good luck, maybe they'll get better after they're open longer. For those of you still wanting to go there, Librettos is right across the driveway from the Rite Aid in the Harris Teeter part of John J Delaney Dr.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:27 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,627,343 times
I always find it amazing that people ALWAYS come out of the woodwork when a pizza thread or a new business starts....

You'll never see them post before or after, but they'll make one post and trash a certain place...

I never take stock in those people. I really only take the word of people who've been posting for awhile..

Old 04-01-2010, 10:03 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,051,772 times
Oh, is it in the place where that Seafood Restaurant or Providence Cafe was? Interesting....

Old 04-02-2010, 05:53 AM

4,010 posts, read 8,915,988 times
I have not been to this place, but my quick test to determine if a place has good pizza or not is to look at the oven they are using. If it is a good quality old fashioned brick lined pizza oven where it takes some skill to cook with, then there is a good chance the place has good pizza. If it is one of those franchise places with pizza jockeys putting pizza on a conveyor belt oven, then it's most likely the pizza won't be that good and it will end up soggy in the middle. I hate soggy pizza.

Ingredients for good pizza are expensive now and going up every day. A good large pizza is going to cost upwards of 25 bucks these days. Less than that, and they are probably cutting corners.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:06 AM

23 posts, read 57,705 times
Thanks for the heads up Chess! We are still new to the region and a good "non-chain" Pizza place is a welcome addition to the list of Places to try!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte