Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2007, 07:35 PM

2 posts, read 5,950 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I just put a contract in on a home in the Brook Valley subdivision. The paperwork list the address as Monroe, but there are houses in that same community that list their houses as Indian Trail. Furthermore, when I look up the Indian Tral website it lists Brook Valley as one of their subdivisions. Does anyone know why this is and can I use either town with either zip as my address and still get mail?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 07:41 PM

293 posts, read 955,108 times
Brook Valley is located in Indian Trail, but has a Monroe mailing address. Evidentally, with all of the growth, the Indian Trail Post office could not handle it. You can use either Indian Trail or Monroe for your address, but you have to use the 28110 zip code. Hope this helps.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:45 PM

1,304 posts, read 4,301,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosiris View Post
Hi all,
I just put a contract in on a home in the Brook Valley subdivision. The paperwork list the address as Monroe, but there are houses in that same community that list their houses as Indian Trail. Furthermore, when I look up the Indian Tral website it lists Brook Valley as one of their subdivisions. Does anyone know why this is and can I use either town with either zip as my address and still get mail?
This is probably due to your postal address (zipcode of post office that serves your home) being in Monroe. You may actually live within the town limits of Indian Trail, but your mail is processed in Monroe.

In instances where this is the case, your zipcode is the only thing that really matters. Many of the folks in the Village of Marvin have a Waxhaw zipcode. Since the post office sorts by zipcode, they don't really care what your town is. Just make sure you get the zipcode correct. Use either city you prefer.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:54 PM

2 posts, read 5,950 times
Ok that explains it!!! Thank you for your replies!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte