Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2010, 02:46 PM

65 posts, read 166,460 times

Advertisements

I have booked a trip to condo hunt later this month and I'm going to concentrate on Uptown, Southend and Southpark.... Any idea which condo complexes cater to older adults (not the 55+ crowd, but maybe 40's and early 50's)... I am most interested in a mid level building in a walkable area...Thinking maybe 5th and Poplar or Piedmont Row.. can you please give me some other ideas....

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 03:13 PM

Default condo help for the 40-55

lofts at Morrison also looks good. anyone know anything about it in terms of age and walkability..

Thanks

Old 04-02-2010, 03:25 PM

162 posts, read 727,548 times
A lot of the residences around 4th ward are very walkable. There is a Harris Teeter grocery in 5th and Poplar and entertainment/eating options are not far away at all.

I own a rental unit in a building across from 5th and Poplar (Park Plaza), it is currently vacant (don't know if you are renting, but DM me if interested).

Aside from my place, there is a building on the other side of 4th ward park called Jefferson Square that is comparable to 5th and Poplar. There is a very nice town home complex next to the park called Park Place and further up 7th St is 400 N. Church (Rock Bottom brewery is in this building).

I don't know of any buildings catering specifically to an age range, but I know my building has a very good mix of ages as do the others from what I understand. There a lot of other buildings other than the one's I mentioned also... if you are purchasing, you will have a lot to choose from.

Good luck, I hope that helps

Old 04-02-2010, 06:16 PM

Thanks for this... I am definitely going to buy, not rent.... Guess I was trying to see if besides Uptown, are there any other complexes in Southend or Southpark that may work for me in terms of walkability (I know, most folks drive, but I don't)....

Old 04-03-2010, 07:13 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,165,446 times
To answer your question on catering to adults type places, I'm not aware that any do in the area that you mention. Most of the places that limit themselves to older adults usually start at 55 or older and they are located more in the suburbs. Beyond the specific exception for the 55+ crowd and I might be wrong about this, I seem to remember that in NC it is generally illegal for a development here to exclude children. While you are here, you might want to look at Davidson north of Charlotte. It's pretty upscale, very walkable, low crime, and if they ever build it, will have a stop on the northern commuter rail line.

Unfortunately the condos that are for sell in and around downtown are so desperate for buyers, the only requirement is if you have the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: