Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 05:35 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,449,639 times

Advertisements

I actually tried to get out of my Sprint plan when we were potentially moving to China. We went to China for about a month and I told them we would be moving there. They told me that they do indeed have coverage in China and I would have to keep it, EVEN THOUGH EACH MINUTE WOULD BE $2.50!!!!!!

So, it is NOT easy to get out of Sprint even if you are heading overseas!

My plan is over Aug. 11th. I plan to switch Aug. 12th!~

Dawn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 05:47 PM

928 posts, read 3,840,297 times
I have to add a few cent's to this post. I work for a company that generous discounts through various wireless providers.

Beware of alltel, they are in talks of a merger (not sure what type) with Sprint Nextel. I wouldn't run from sprint to Alltel just to be turned back to sprint. Just my two cents.

As for Verizon, I have heard they are the best too. I have Virgin Mobile Prepaid and i've been happy, it's Sprint PCS but prepaid. I want a blackberry phone, but not the extra costs, data and voice wireless plans, etc.

I know that most companies depend on the consumer being too busy to spend time reviewing their bills so over billing can go on for a while. When the customer catches it, they are usually quick to fix it, but think of how many people they have ripped off all these years.

I used to have Bellsouth when I moved to NC and there was a local toll charge on my phone bill every month. I had to pay to call Charlotte. This baffled me, since it was like 10 cents a minute to call Charlotte. I called every month and no one with Bell South could every explain it. This went on for a while until I got Time Warners Digital Phone. I would never go back to local phone service since I get everything for one price, now. Bell South's customer service and physcial lines were terrible and we had so many service issues. Time Warner isn't much better either.

Good Luck with your contracts. I cringe at the thought of 2 year sentence for a free phone.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:35 PM

235 posts, read 727,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMOMOFTWO View Post
I went to verizon already, u dont have to change your number or your plan everything stays the same, u wont get charged for roaming..I have verizon wireless and the family share plan, I just changed it to lessen the minutes and everything stays the same...

It depends on what your plan your on...I have regional long distance included as well as mobile to mobile is free...
Glad you did the research now I don't have too...you saved me time thanks staci!!

Old 06-07-2007, 06:57 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,699,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMOMOFTWO View Post
I went to verizon already, u dont have to change your number or your plan everything stays the same, u wont get charged for roaming..I have verizon wireless and the family share plan, I just changed it to lessen the minutes and everything stays the same...

It depends on what your plan your on...I have regional long distance included as well as mobile to mobile is free...
Sorry, but just wait 'til you get your first bill. Because that's exactly what I thought!

Last edited by stmaarten; 06-07-2007 at 07:42 PM.. Reason: content

Old 06-07-2007, 10:26 PM

3,830 posts, read 6,697,306 times
While I don't particularly like Verizon, I would never again have a Sprint/NEXTEL plan. They have the worst customer service. I have spent hours on the phone arguing with them over bills/charges. Plus, their service is awful (the NEXTEL part, in my area, anyway!). I had T-Mobile and I never had a problem with anything, except for the lack of a signal. If I was in a city, it was fine. But, in the suburbs? Nope! Forget a rural area! For the most part, you have to pick which one you'd rather deal with. I went back to Verizon because I get 20% off. But, they all have their faults!

Old 06-15-2007, 01:38 AM

61 posts, read 239,207 times
Default T-mobile or Nextel

Is there T-mobile or Nextel service?

Old 06-15-2007, 06:46 AM

192 posts, read 685,387 times
I have T-mobile. I think it's a West Coast thing. Don't see it here. I have a very cheap service (1000 anytime minutes for $39, no roaming charges) and my contract is up. So I've kept the service and the 'free' phone. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to upgrade my PHONE and not get dragged back into a contract. BTW, coverage is 'okay' but still have dead spots. Coverage isn't any better or worse than my hubby's Cingular service.

Old 06-15-2007, 08:28 AM

755 posts, read 2,483,945 times
If you want good customer service, don't go with SunCom.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:28 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,699,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedydidi View Post
If you want good customer service, don't go with SunCom.
Thanks for that! I was actually going to check them out. What happened???

Old 06-24-2007, 04:26 PM

90 posts, read 342,107 times
I am planning to move to statesville south of 40 , west of 77(BUFFALO SHOALS RD). I currently have verizon but my plan is up and its time to choose another or stay with virizon. Does anyone live in this area who can let me know which plan they have and if it gets good reception. i want to combine my husbands and my plan instead of having 2 seperate plans, but at this time i pay 39.00 for 450 min on each plan. who should i go with???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte