Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 10:15 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,717,722 times

Advertisements

I just can't stand Verizon's customer service anymore. Although their coverage (signal) is great, what good is it when you can't get any clear answers from their customer service dept.? I actually had one of their CSRs tell me this morning to: "call back later, when you have calmed down." It took me nearly 15 minutes to get a HUMAN BEING on the phone, so of course I was upset!
In any case, I'm done with Verizon. I need a good suggestion for a decent wireless provider in Charlotte.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 10:19 AM

107 posts, read 121,087 times
dont go to Cingular - (now AT&T)

AT&T has not changed from a service or quality standpoint. The changeover was apparent.... i feel like I have been running from those jokers all my life hahahahaha

Lester

Old 06-07-2007, 10:27 AM

348 posts, read 1,360,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
I just can't stand Verizon's customer service anymore. Although their coverage (signal) is great, what good is it when you can't get any clear answers from their customer service dept.? I actually had one of their CSRs tell me this morning to: "call back later, when you have calmed down." It took me nearly 15 minutes to get a HUMAN BEING on the phone, so of course I was upset!
In any case, I'm done with Verizon. I need a good suggestion for a decent wireless provider in Charlotte.
Thanks!
We have Sprint and have very good coverage!! If you need a contact person there that can help you, pm me.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:28 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,545,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Thanks!
I actually like sprint, but I would like to switch, however they have myself and about 12 generations after me locked into a contract...

Old 06-07-2007, 10:37 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,023,117 times
I use sprint, seems pretty good.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:11 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
if it wasnt for my sweet heart I would switch from Verizon to SunCom but they live in a valley in the foothills that it hard to get a signal so I been sticking with them but from everythin g I read and seen SunCom seems to be the up and coming carrier.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:22 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,489,780 times
What towers does SunCom use?

We currently have Sprint but I notice it doesn't work at all in the mountains here. I think Verizon is supposed to work better.

We really would like to go to a pay as you go plan when our Sprint contract is up.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
if it wasnt for my sweet heart I would switch from Verizon to SunCom but they live in a valley in the foothills that it hard to get a signal so I been sticking with them but from everythin g I read and seen SunCom seems to be the up and coming carrier.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:27 AM

999 posts, read 4,652,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester1970 View Post
dont go to Cingular - (now AT&T)

AT&T has not changed from a service or quality standpoint. The changeover was apparent.... i feel like I have been running from those jokers all my life hahahahaha

Lester
I read this a few minutes ago, as I was chatting with Cingular/Att customer service I had a great experience and told the gentleman who was helping me that he was extremely helpful. He said it all depends on which call center you end up with as to how your customer service is.
So far, at least in the Charlotte area service has been good, had some trouble on 74 between Charlotte and Fayetteville, with dropped calls and no service. Verizon, which I had til a month ago, was great, I had reception when my DHs nextel wouldln't work.....never had to deal with Cust service much though.

Joan

Old 06-07-2007, 11:39 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
here the coverage maps for Suncom seems like they have some cool deals going on their website

I rarely need to call Verizon customer service so LOL if i need help i go to their stores and speak to someone plus I get a free phone every year but here verizon coverage map

you would think as long as cell phones have been around that coverage and drop calls would be a thing of the past or give us a refund when it happens

Old 06-07-2007, 11:43 AM

116 posts, read 550,975 times
I have had Suncom for 8 years now. I started in Charleston and now use them in Charlotte. I have not found any areas in the city or to and from Asheville or Charleston that I have service issues and for $49 for unlimited calls and no additional fees (my bill is actually 52.95 because I pay 3.95 for phone insurance) you cannot beat the deal. What is funny is how many cingular reps in Charleston used to tell me that their service was better when in fact many of the same GSM towers are shared by the carriers. Suncom used to be part of the AT&T wireless network under the name Triton PCS and in all the corporate deals and name changes Suncom was given the right to continue to use the towers. Is it better or worse than Cingular... No it is actually the same with better rates and smaller company customer service.

Just my oppinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte