U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2007, 03:55 AM

7 posts, read 20,609 times

Advertisements

What is the area around Parkwood ave (close to Cordelia Park) called? I'm coming down to Charlotte to look at housing there and would like to know if it's a good area for children. I notice that it's a hop skip and a jump away from uptown and Noda. Would it be an easy walk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2007, 05:51 AM

905 posts, read 3,069,511 times
Not sure if Parkwood is considered Optimist Park or Belmont Neighborhoods. It "might" be what your looking for in about 5 years+. Things are starting to turn around in the Parkwood area, but its still early. There is a big redevelopment happening on the site of the former Piedmont Courts housing projects @ 10th street. That area is definately walkable to downtown. Urban pioneers started moving into the area about 3 years ago and others have followed. Take a ride through the area when you get here and you will see what I'm talking about. Good luck and let us know about your trip and your impressions of Parkwwood and Charlotte

Old 06-08-2007, 07:01 AM

45,269 posts, read 88,579,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandaful1 View Post
What is the area around Parkwood ave (close to Cordelia Park) called? I'm coming down to Charlotte to look at housing there and would like to know if it's a good area for children. I notice that it's a hop skip and a jump away from uptown and Noda. Would it be an easy walk?
This area would be very iffy right now. How did you zero in on it to live in for goodness sakes? You wouldn't want to be walking around there night or day in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte