Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 08:21 PM

132 posts, read 443,194 times

Advertisements

Glad to hear all the positive comments! We are off this week for our summer in Blakeney, can't wait!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 08:23 PM

295 posts, read 1,057,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMOMOFTWO View Post
Ok here is my update so far...

Love it Love it Love it...It is beautiful here, people are friendly, love my house fantastic neighbors...What else can I say, Other than we should have done this a few years ago..Oh The Drivers have alot to be desired.lol .(no offense)....I will however do a month update as well
what area did you choose to live in?

Old 06-11-2007, 09:03 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,277,958 times
We are in Hunter Oaks..Waxhaw/Marvin...

Old 06-12-2007, 09:56 AM

14 posts, read 31,749 times
Glad you LOVE it! We live in NY and are moving to NC next summer. We have made several trips down there (we have friends in Charlotte) and have driven through the different subdivisions - it is all so overwhelming.

May I ask how you made your decision to buy in Hunter Oaks - that is one of the subdivisions on our list!

Sandy

Old 06-12-2007, 10:13 AM

20 posts, read 72,602 times
Default I'm right behind ya!

I settle on June 22nd and move in July....and I can't FLIPPIN WAIT!!!

Old 06-12-2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandymac13 View Post
Glad you LOVE it! We live in NY and are moving to NC next summer. We have made several trips down there (we have friends in Charlotte) and have driven through the different subdivisions - it is all so overwhelming.

May I ask how you made your decision to buy in Hunter Oaks - that is one of the subdivisions on our list!

Sandy
During my research I kept coming back to this area..My realtor lives in Hunter Oaks and since it was exactly what we were looking for she took us there as well as TONS of other developments, WE made quite a few trips before deciding on Hunter Oaks..We were torn between new construction and Resale, however we were getting a much better deal with a resale for the money and honestly We really didnt like alot of the new construction that was in our price range..we fell in love with this development the more and more we were looking in here...and then this was where we wanted to live as well as it suited our needs...and for the money we got a beautiful house with just about everything we wanted in it..we have great neighbors...I had done research on other areas and we just loved the schools in Union County and I wanted new schools so it worked out well...dh's commute is also really good so all around all is Well!!!!! My best advice to you is to look in as many areas as you can and see what feels right to you...also get a really good realtor who knows the market...

Old 06-12-2007, 01:49 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,695,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMOMOFTWO View Post
We are in Hunter Oaks..Waxhaw/Marvin...
Interesting tidbit here.... Hunter Oaks is in what's called "unincorporated Union County"...neither Waxhaw or Marvin. Only your post office is in Waxhaw. Found that out recently. Also read that this area can very easily (one day) become part of Charlotte. As the city is continually expanding it's borders. (See Charlotte Observer front page from June 11th).

Old 06-12-2007, 02:20 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,515,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Interesting tidbit here.... Hunter Oaks is in what's called "unincorporated Union County"...neither Waxhaw or Marvin. Only your post office is in Waxhaw. Found that out recently. Also read that this area can very easily (one day) become part of Charlotte. As the city is continually expanding it's borders. (See Charlotte Observer front page from June 11th).
I suspect it would be Marvin before it comes Charlotte. We have the same issue, we're really Wesley Chapel but the PO is Waxhaw

Old 06-12-2007, 03:29 PM

I was going to say, I dont think they will take us out of "union county" I agree Mike it would sound like it would be marvin before charlotte....

Old 06-13-2007, 05:10 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,252,507 times
I am glad you like it here and wait til a good rainy day or a dusting of snow you are really going to like our driving lol.

I thought about this city data the other day while driving I didnt use my signal and just knew it was one of you guys
behind me lol.

WELCOME TO THE CAROLINAS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte