Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2007, 07:41 PM

36 posts, read 125,121 times

Advertisements

I am planning on moving to the Charlotte area in August. I was told that the Harrisburg area (zip 28075) would be a good location to move to avoid traffic to UNCC, does anyone agree with this? If yes, what luxury rentals would you recommend in this area? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 06:48 AM

240 posts, read 1,033,135 times
Harrisburg is a nice area, and it's very convenient to the University area. It has a small town, rural feel, and I never noticed any apartment complexes while driving in the actual town of Harrisburg. It seems to be mainly single family homes out there from what I can tell.

The closest area to Harrisburg with upscale apartments would probably be the University Area itself. I've never lived in that area, so unfortunately, I couldn't recommend a specific apartment complex to you. There's also a decent looking apartment complex radjacent to Concord Mills mall, which would be a quick drive to the University area too.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:17 AM

473 posts, read 1,578,272 times
Red face Harrisburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks80 View Post
Harrisburg is a nice area, and it's very convenient to the University area. It has a small town, rural feel, and I never noticed any apartment complexes while driving in the actual town of Harrisburg. It seems to be mainly single family homes out there from what I can tell.

The closest area to Harrisburg with upscale apartments would probably be the University Area itself. I've never lived in that area, so unfortunately, I couldn't recommend a specific apartment complex to you. There's also a decent looking apartment complex radjacent to Concord Mills mall, which would be a quick drive to the University area too.
Be careful of Harrisburg and Concord due to their water problems, or lack thereof. My girlfriend lives in Harrisburg and gets sand in her dishwasher. If you don't mind spending much more on water, it's not a big deal. In Meck we spent $20 on our last water bill for 2 adults (normal usage, no sprinklers). I don't imagine Harrisburg, Concord, or Kannapolis can compare with that considering their lack of water. Also, there is a potential lawsuit between SC and NC, for NC giving C & K 1m gallons a day out of Lake Norman. It's a nice area but I'd be a little leary about the area for the reasons mentioned...

Old 06-19-2007, 04:19 AM

19 posts, read 50,793 times
Default Harrisburg

Harrisburg is conveniently located to University but it's mainly country and family community...with no "luxury apartments". I'd stay out of Cabarrus Cty. if I was single and look in Huntersville(exits 23, 25 and maybe 28). Still convenient, has tons of great apartments, condos, twnhomes, etc. with shopping and eating, and you won't be isolated is country family-ville. I know. I live there(Cabarrus)-and my husband wks. in University.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:34 PM

17 posts, read 73,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kare893969 View Post
I am planning on moving to the Charlotte area in August. I was told that the Harrisburg area (zip 28075) would be a good location to move to avoid traffic to UNCC, does anyone agree with this? If yes, what luxury rentals would you recommend in this area? Thanks

Don't listen to these idiots.

1) Concord pulls absolutly no water from Lake Norman !
2) If you have an apartment or Condo why would you care? No lawn.
3) Water bills are high here vs Meck. County
4) Huntersville is great if you want a 45 minute commute to and from UNCC
each way at rush hour if theres no accidents. It's only 5 minutes from
Harrisburg.
5)Don't live near the UNCC campus. There is quite a lot of crime in the area
and section 8 housing for Charlotte.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:20 AM

19 posts, read 59,857 times
Default Harrisburg, Concord, etc

Hey
Yes, I have heard and have friends in both these cities. They are close to one another. I would have liked to have settled there....but I am close. I would highly recommend either one.
Traffic, you will learn short cuts, country roads, etc once you get there. There are bad spots....
Recommending housing.....I cant help you
Rassss

Old 06-22-2007, 05:25 AM

120 posts, read 325,193 times
I live in Harrisburg and am not really sure it has luxury rentals. We do have some very nice townhomes on Roberta Road (next to the town center) that I'm sure have some owners who rent out. Really any place you choose to live in Harrisburg you won't have to worry about crime or traffic. If for some reason you do rent here and would have to pay water, yes it will be a bit more then Meck. We use our sprinkler system during the summer but during the winter when we have them off our water/sewer bill is about $40 to $50 dollars. As for sand in the dishwasher I have never experienced this, although I live in Rocky River Crossing, not sure where niknaxx's friend lives.

Old 06-22-2007, 07:17 AM

246 posts, read 583,305 times
If you are looking for luxury rentals, you are going to have to cross back into Meck County. If you want an easy commute, do not (I repeat, DO NOT) look in Huntersville, Cornelius, Lake Norman, or anywhere along I-77. Commuting from that direction is a royal PITA.

There are some nice apartments all along Harris between Old Concord Rd. and Sugar Creek Rd. Also, be advised that if you live in the University Area you will want to secure your car. It's not a dangerous area, but car break-ins can occasionally be a problem, so don't leave valuables in your car and consider investing in an alarm.

Old 07-07-2007, 07:08 PM

36 posts, read 125,121 times
Thanks everyone, well since this post I ended up getting an apartment in the University area. The complex is Piedmont at Ivy meadow, so I hope I didnt screw up when signing my lease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte