Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2010, 10:41 AM

2 posts, read 8,812 times

Advertisements

I am the MOH in an upcoming wedding and need to start planning the bridal shower for June or July. It's going to take place in Charlotte; however I don't live in Charlotte (I live in Raleigh). I have no idea where to host the shower! I'd prefer to either book a room at a nice restaurant or a meeting space at a nice hotel downtown. An outdoor space would be awesome (NOT a park!) too. I'd say I have a moderate budget, which will probably grow once I get some other people involved. I want it to be a nice, laidback gathering, nothing too fancy. Food can be a part of the package, or I can find an outside caterer. If anyone has any venus suggestions I'd really appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 11:40 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,019,579 times
Can you give us an idea of how many people you would be expecting?

Old 04-29-2010, 12:14 PM

2 posts, read 8,812 times
Not sure yet, probably no more than 25.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:16 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,019,579 times
for something that size, I would go to Jim N Nicks Bqq they have a small room to the side that they will let you have runs about $10 a plate.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:42 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,366,938 times
I wouldn't plan on outside for June and July. We're having a pretty weird (in the sense that it's not at all hot yet) spring but that could change overnight. You might want to check out Pewter Rose. Another good place to hold a shower is in a clubhouse in a neighborhood or apartment complex. 25 is about the perfect amount for most of the ones I've been to. If one of your guests lives in Charlotte in a neighborhood that has a club house they could rent it for you. A lot of neighborhoods rent theirs out. I know Carrington off of 51 (near Rea) does. Went to a party there a few months back. Actually they might not rent theirs out when the pool is open but check around. Not every clubhouse has a pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte