Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 12:40 PM

29 posts, read 69,351 times

Advertisements

Well this was the forum I have been looking for. Here is my situation and I was wondering if anyone had any good tips based on my experience.
I am currently working in South Florida managing a mortgage company. I have been in home finance for about 4 years now. I recently received a call from a buddy of mine asking me if I wanted to come up to Rock Hill SC and run his motorcycle dealership and do the financing there. I was on a plane the next day and just got back from my trip. I really liked the place and it looked like there was a lot of potential.
The mortgage business in Florida is awful I wouldn't be able to survive much longer here that’s for sure. I am moving up there to start over and its pretty exciting. I was curious about the real estate market even though I am going to do power sports I would love to open a mortgage branch there also.
What do you guys think? Where should I be looking to live? I am pretty young at heart and I am 35 years old and single.
Is it too late to make money in the real estate market? Should I buy a house and be done with it or can I buy and sell?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 01:14 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,364,208 times
Not too late for the marker here. It's still pretty strong due to exponenetial growth. Most ppl would agree...go for it.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Not too late for the marker here. It's still pretty strong due to exponenetial growth. Most ppl would agree...go for it.

Where would you buy houses in order to build quick equity. Im thinking buy and sell in a 1-2 year window.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtroy View Post
Where would you buy houses in order to build quick equity. Im thinking buy and sell in a 1-2 year window.
Anywhere in Ft Mill, SC or Union County NC would be good now. Market is saturated, so make sure you can sell it within a year or two.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Anywhere in Ft Mill, SC or Union County NC would be good now. Market is saturated, so make sure you can sell it within a year or two.
Saturated?? Im coming from Florida its down right awful here. Im sure I can make a decent living doing home finance as long as there are still people buying homes.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:35 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,746,947 times
Our market is very strong and the predictions are it will stay this way for the next 5 years.

Currently, Re-sales in South Charlotte and the Fort Mill/Rock Hill area are selling fast from what I have seen.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtroy View Post
Saturated?? Im coming from Florida its down right awful here. Im sure I can make a decent living doing home finance as long as there are still people buying homes.
Ys, ppl are definitely buying around here still. It is still a buyers market in this area.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:42 PM

Ya it looked like there were no problems from what I saw. I think as long as homes are cheap and places like NY, FL and NJ are still over prices and over taxed the market there will continue to grow.
Thats why I am excited to move up there.

I am a bit worried about Rock Hill being a bit far from anything exciting. Its more important for me to buy into a place that will have future resale value and I heard Rock Hill is growing. Is there any other prospective locations that are on the rise? Is Rock Hill too far from Charlotte or is it about right?

Old 06-12-2007, 02:49 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,746,947 times
If you saw Rock Hill a few years ago you would be in shock at how much it has changed.

I will agree that in certain price ranges you could start looking now and not finish up until the end of the summer.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
If you saw Rock Hill a few years ago you would be in shock at how much it has changed.

I will agree that in certain price ranges you could start looking now and not finish up until the end of the summer.
Im not too sure what you mean. Does this mean there is lots of inventory in these areas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte