Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 05:16 AM

221 posts, read 746,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjokerjam View Post
I am opening next door to Kids First Pediatrics- the very last building A Step Above Child Development Academy- ages 2 yrs - 5 years of age.
I will be in the area this Thursday night and I would love to see the home..can you prvide me with the address: director@astepabovechilddevelopmentacademy.com- is my email address.

I am running out of time to find a place...7 to 8 weeks will come so quick.... thanks for the quick response....
Not sure the acutal house number, but it is in the Meadows part of Marvin Creek. It is on Running hourse off of Autumn Blossom. The Meadows is off of Joe Kerr Rd and runs along Marvin School Rd. So coming from the Fountains you take Tom Short straight to Rae Rd. Make a left on Rae (this is going around the main entrance) and make first right on Marvin School Rd. Make a right on Joe Kerr Rd (about 3or 4 blocks down) and than make first left on Autumn Blossom. Than make 2nd left on Running horse. You will see a fountain and the house is the only house on the block. It is 5 bedrooms & has a basement. You can look it up on Allen Tate. If you need a realtor I have a really good friend of mine that knows the area. Where are you moving from? Is your child into sports? The WCWAA is registering now. To be in Marvin School district you must show proof of living here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 05:40 PM

10 posts, read 22,630 times
Wink mrms is the best

Both my son (age 13) and my daughter (who is in high school) at MRHS go here...they love it and we are very happy! We also live in the Marvin Creek area and are happy...

Old 02-18-2009, 05:39 AM

203 posts, read 496,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by threesons View Post
Don't know of any actual apartments. But you can find homes in Marvin Creek and Hunters Oak for rent. I don't think there is any apartment housing in "Marvin". You may want to look in Cureton which has condos.
Any chance you know the price ranges of the homes for rent?

We're moving back after the school year and not buying for now.

Thanks!

Old 02-18-2009, 07:02 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory P View Post
Any chance you know the price ranges of the homes for rent?

We're moving back after the school year and not buying for now.

Thanks!
That area usually rents for between $1500 and $2000. a month.

Try some of the bigger rental companies, TRLawing and Meca to start.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:06 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,319,732 times
Please note that the Cureton subdivision will be redistricted to the brand new Cuthbertson Middle/High complex after this school year. You can find the 2009-2010 assignment maps on the UCPS website.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,492 times
Default Looking for information

I have read some of you mention Marvin Ridge schools and I was wondering what anyone has to say about Porter Ridge Middle and High Schools? I have heard good things about both. We have decided to move as we are not satisfied with the middle school and high school in our area. Thoughts??

Old 03-12-2009, 10:13 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,166,732 times
Two of my children attend MRMS, I have been extremely happy with it. I have clients who have children at Porter Ridge Schools, and they are happy as well. For comparative school information check NC School Report Cards then click on the school, and then school report card snapshot.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:22 PM

62 posts, read 146,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peewee19 View Post
I have read some of you mention Marvin Ridge schools and I was wondering what anyone has to say about Porter Ridge Middle and High Schools? I have heard good things about both. We have decided to move as we are not satisfied with the middle school and high school in our area. Thoughts??
Very pleased with the Porter Ridge schools. Even with the larger numbers in the MS, it is still a good place to send your kids.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:08 AM

32 posts, read 79,570 times
Default Rentals in the MRMS area

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeshow View Post
No one answered the op question of apartments for rent in the area. Does anyone know of any?
I live in The Chimneys of Marvin, and LOVE IT, there are actually 2 homes, if not 3 that are for rent. The school campus is literally right down the street
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte