Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 01:12 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,362,177 times

Advertisements

Love White Castle and Crystals for that matter. But candles, I don't think so. I hate the smell of food on my clothes. I would also be in a state of constant hunger or a major headache from the smell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 03:15 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,645,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajanqueen View Post
Love White Castle and Crystals for that matter. But candles, I don't think so. I hate the smell of food on my clothes. I would also be in a state of constant hunger or a major headache from the smell.
So true!

Old 05-07-2010, 06:42 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,039,953 times
Now, Orangish, I dearly love White Castle...and they are one of the first things that I get on my drive home...we (my son and I) go to the second one on the highway in Ohio. And, stop there on the way back because it is the last time to have them for awhile!!

Yes, it is cool that they are donating the proceeds to the autism foundation. I just couldn't have one for two reasons: 1. I am allergic to any form of scent 2. I would be constantly drooling for one!

Old 05-08-2010, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Now, Orangish, I dearly love White Castle...and they are one of the first things that I get on my drive home...we (my son and I) go to the second one on the highway in Ohio. And, stop there on the way back because it is the last time to have them for awhile!!

Yes, it is cool that they are donating the proceeds to the autism foundation. I just couldn't have one for two reasons: 1. I am allergic to any form of scent 2. I would be constantly drooling for one!
CC, remember Orangish is a Sox Fan. That could have something to do with it!

And where the heck in Ohio? I don't remember seeing one when we drove through there going to or coming home from Chicago?????????

Old 05-08-2010, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
CC, remember Orangish is a Sox Fan. That could have something to do with it!

And where the heck in Ohio? I don't remember seeing one when we drove through there going to or coming home from Chicago?????????
hahahah..Catrick, you are probably right!!

Now, I don't know the exact exit, it is just as we are driving on the highway; on 75. The first one is usually too early in the morning, so, we always go to the second one. It is attached to a gas station, but, it is very good as they make the burgers fresh to order. Last time, I took a photo of it and the burger to pick on one of my friends that lives here that is from Jersey. I e-mailed them to her at work. hahaha...aren't I mean??

Old 05-09-2010, 01:21 AM

Quote:
hahahah..Catrick, you are probably right!!

Now, I don't know the exact exit, it is just as we are driving on the highway; on 75. The first one is usually too early in the morning, so, we always go to the second one. It is attached to a gas station, but, it is very good as they make the burgers fresh to order. Last time, I took a photo of it and the burger to pick on one of my friends that lives here that is from Jersey. I e-mailed them to her at work. hahaha...aren't I mean??
We go through Ohio but not on 75. We go up 77 and make a left on 70 to 65. I don't recall seeing any White Castles but I googled and they have tons in Columbus which we go through. But they're off the highway. You are so lucky to find them right there!

You're not mean! I would do the same. My sister never fails to tell me when they have gone to White Castle for lunch. She likes rubbing it in.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:18 AM

70 posts, read 236,858 times
Since White Castle is a family owned business, Would it be effective if a letter was sent along with a signed petition asking if they would consider opening in the Charlotte area?

Old 05-09-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolone6722 View Post
Since White Castle is a family owned business, Would it be effective if a letter was sent along with a signed petition asking if they would consider opening in the Charlotte area?
I am open to it, but, apparently, (as I understand it) they think that they are expanding their franchise with the frozen burgers.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:39 PM

I'll take the frozen when left no choice to feed my habit. The only person I knew that could get the frozen ones to come out and taste half way decent was my Dad. He would sprinkle a little water on them and loosely wrap them in wax paper. He would check on them and when he thought the time was right, take them out. They were pretty good. But my Mom and I never got ours to come out the same. No matter how many times we watched him do it. Still drives me nuts to this day!

Old 05-09-2010, 03:24 PM

70 posts, read 236,858 times
Quote:
I am open to it, but, apparently, (as I understand it) they think that they are expanding their franchise with the frozen burgers.

What a bummer. They would make a good profit if they opened up in Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: