U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2007, 12:25 PM

178 posts, read 810,744 times

Advertisements

On the recommendation of a friend that goes there often, today I visited MetroPaws in SouthEnd (corner of South Tryon and Tremont). I was so impressed that I wanted to let y'all know about this place.

Everything was SPOTLESS. No doggie smell in any of the boarding rooms, spa room, playcare rooms- nothing. They were powerwashing one of the outside astroturf areas with water/bleach while I was there. The staff was professional and kind and the dogs there all seemed happy and well cared for. One of the things I liked was that weekend boarders get to play outside for 6 hours per day, they are not cooped up in their room. The rooms are cheery and clean (you can choose a window view or not). Dogs staying more than three days get a free bath. They have full training and agility if your dog is into that sort of thing.

This is the fourth daycare/ boarding facility I have visited, and I made a reservation today for my fur baby to stay next weekend. I had heard from several friends that this place was good, but go see for yourself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 07:48 PM

1 posts, read 4,504 times
But what you don't know is what happens after you drop your dog off. They are terrible. My dog was injured there and they didn't even inform me. A few days later I watched from an adjoining property and couldn't believe what I saw. There head daycare person kicked a dog for no reason that I could see. I can't think of a reason to kick a dog anyway.

If anyone cares about there dog, they should think twice about any daycare facililty.

Last edited by doglover2008; 03-03-2008 at 07:52 PM.. Reason: grammatical

Old 03-04-2008, 05:08 AM

101 posts, read 262,624 times
doglover2008, I am sorry to hear about what happened to your pooch. I have heard nothing but good things about MetroPaws, though.....

Old 03-04-2008, 06:17 AM

14,121 posts, read 20,881,426 times
OMG!!! If I saw someone kicking my dog or anyone else's, I'd be in jail...

Old 03-04-2008, 06:54 AM

382 posts, read 1,747,442 times
We LOVE Metro Paws! We board there and take our boxer to daycare once a week for playtime. The staff is awesome and very knowledgable.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:20 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,170,218 times
How much do they charge?

Old 04-27-2009, 10:41 AM

3 posts, read 10,153 times
We have found a wonderful place in Northwest Charlotte (off WT Harris) called One Lucky Pup. Our 3 yr golden retriever has stayed there 3 times now and we love the staff. The place is extraordinarily clean, the kennels are large and the doggies are provided cots and there is a ton of indoor and outdoor place space. They have a website that is great and provides a ton of detail. They also do a free bath after 5 nights. Our golden had a bit of a stomach upset last time she was there (we think she played too hard...) and they stayed up with her all night to make sure she was ok...and were in contact with us and ready to bring her to the emergency vet if necessary. Thankfully she was fine, but the staff cared for her as though she were their own. We LOVE them!

Old 04-27-2009, 11:44 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,170,218 times
Even with the nicest kennels, your dog still spends most of their time locked in a cell. The places are very loud and most dogs take a few days to properly adjust to the new enviroment.

We took our Golden Retreiver to campwaggingtails a few times. This is one of the nicest places in Charlotte. It was a 45 minute drive for us to just get there but we could not find a nicer place. It also costs $50+ per night. We picked our dog up and he was so tired and had some bad stomach flu. Not the kennels fault, but, just a typical reaction to being locked up with many other dogs.

If anyone has a well behaved, family friendly dog and lives in Southpark area, we would be happy to watch your dog at our house for free if you are willing to return the favor.

I have thought about setting up a dog-swap service but I think it would be too much work with no real money involved. Send me a PM if you are interested. We have a large fenced in back yard and will even let your dog sleep in our room if that is what he/she is used to. My wife is home all day too to watch the dogs.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:05 PM

272 posts, read 702,588 times
I take my dog to city dog usa and it is great. we have boarded them and use it for day care and all the staff are super nice.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:53 AM

3 posts, read 10,153 times
We also have a golden retriever and may be interested in a dog swap. How often are you out of town?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or