Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 02:40 PM

34 posts, read 150,367 times

Advertisements

My wife and I (both 28) are trying to find a church in the area that has a good young adult attendance. We live near Southpark and are open to recommendations. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 02:48 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,666,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack2002 View Post
My wife and I (both 28) are trying to find a church in the area that has a good young adult attendance. We live near Southpark and are open to recommendations. Thanks.
I cannot say enough good things about Central Church of God. It is vibrant and filled with the Spirit. Loran Livingston is an amazing leader and the choir will bring you to tears. They have a wonderful young adult ministry and I highly encourage you to visit. Good luck!!

It's on the corner of Sardis and Randolph: Central Church of God - Charlotte, NC | Pastor Loran Livingston | Church Ministries, Forward in Faith, Church of God

Old 11-07-2007, 02:50 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack2002 View Post
You really gotta try Forest Hills, it is right there near you on Park Rd! David Chadwick is an awesome minister!

Old 11-07-2007, 03:01 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,426,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You really gotta try Forest Hills, it is right there near you on Park Rd! David Chadwick is an awesome minister!
This times 1000000. I cannot say enough good things about Forest Hill. They have awesome Life Groups, ministries, services for children. You can even go to Forest Hill Church Charlotte NC - Rock Hill SC, Service Times, Beliefs, Ministry, Governance to watch the sermons and learn more. They have a 6:30 pm Saturday and 2 Sunday services, plus additional services in Ballantyne (where we usually go) and Rock Hill. They also have some good guests too for the sermons which you can see on the 10/28 video. I am 33 and my fiance is 25. We actually prefer the one in Ballantyne because it seems more close knit, but that's also why they have life groups. David can also be heard on WBT Sunday nights at 9pm.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:13 AM

255 posts, read 885,483 times
Forest Hills

Old 01-02-2008, 03:48 PM

295 posts, read 1,297,894 times
Might be a stretch for you, distance-wise, but Kinetic Church is a relatively new church in the Concord area that I recently started attending. Kinetic Churchâ„¢ - Charlotte, North Carolina

They actually meet in the AMC movie theater at Concord Mills every Sunday at 10am and I'd guess that average attendence is around 200 people. For anyone out in that area, I enjoy and recommend Kinetic.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:05 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,398,734 times
So many churches how to choose the right one. Upon moving here, my first two months was church hopping, trying out different ones. Only after I started working and gave some ladies who I knew to be church folks a description of exactly what I was looking for-was I guided in the right direction. Let people know the type of preaching you desire, use examples or pastor names, size of congregation, affiliation, community involvement. By the time I gave my exact description I was given a list of only 3 churches that met my quota. I went to all three at least twice and made my decision. Good luck!

Old 10-15-2010, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 9,228 times
i'm 36 yrs old with a 8yr old,recently separated from my husband of 13yrs, I'm looking for a new church near the ballantyne area, need a great childrens program and an uplifting pastor prefer no large arena churches

Old 10-15-2010, 01:41 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandra lynn View Post
i'm 36 yrs old with a 8yr old,recently separated from my husband of 13yrs, I'm looking for a new church near the ballantyne area, need a great childrens program and an uplifting pastor prefer no large arena churches

So sorry for your current situation

Give Harrison United Methodist, technically in Pineville, but on the Ballantyne side, a try. I think it may be just what you are looking for. Best of luck.

Harrison Church

Old 10-15-2010, 03:37 PM

79 posts, read 159,258 times
Weddington United Methodist Church. My wife and I call this home and absolutely love it. What is important to you in a church?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte