U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 01:57 PM

224 posts, read 387,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Any reason why you chose to respond to me? Maybe lower real estate prices in Denver?
Only responded to help set a realistic expectation
for the commute from Denver to Mooresville for
Lovemy4kids as her husband will be commuting to
Lowes Corporate which from any part of Denver
will be more than 20 minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 02:01 PM

20,515 posts, read 25,724,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchenette View Post
Only responded to help set a realistic expectation
for the commute from Denver to Mooresville for
Lovemy4kids as her husband will be commuting to
Lowes Corporate which from any part of Denver
will be more than 20 minutes.

Sure. . .

2 of us responded to her. You are a realtor. I still think it was cheaper prices in Denver.

I thought of Denver but did not post it in the other thread because people were giving her perfectly good advice. When I saw her post on this thread, I went in to suggest that she look at Denver, but ssd beat me to it, so I concurred. It's well known on this board that ssd lives in Lincoln County.

In my opinion, you felt a need to post something negative about Denver & picked me to post it to.

Since my realtor was able to sell me a house in a county that she does not normally work in, I know it wasn't the crossing of county lines. It's also well known on this board that people who want proximity to Lake Norman for a more reasonable price can look at Denver.

Last edited by southbound_295; 07-07-2010 at 03:12 PM..

Old 07-07-2010, 02:22 PM

1,554 posts, read 2,837,090 times
kchenette - don't you know by now that any time anyone on this board asks for average commute times, the response is always "20 mintues"? Geez. get with the program.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:38 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,233,469 times
To the OP, my neighbor works at Lowes Corporate and commutes there daily. I will check with him to see how far it is door to door in rush hour traffic. Not sure how soon I will be talking with him but I will post as soon as I know.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:50 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,233,469 times
OK, I spoke with the wife of the neighbor who commutes from my neighborhood. He leaves for work at 6:30am and it takes him 25 minutes door to door. If he leaves later then 6:30 when there is more traffic it will take up to 45 minutes. Remember I live in Pumpkin Center which is 10-15 minutes further then some areas of Denver. Still not a bad commute compared to my husband 1hour and 20 minute commute when we live in NJ.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Sure. . .

2 of us responded to her. You are a realtor. I still think it was cheaper prices in Denver.

I thought of Denver but did not post it in the other thread because people were giving her perfectly good advice. When I saw her post on this thread, I went in to suggest that she look at Denver, but ssd beat me to it, so I concurred. It's well known on this board that ssd lives in Lincoln County.

In my opinion, you felt a need to post something negative about Denver & picked me to post it to.

Since my realtor was able to sell me a house in a county that she does not normally work in, I know it wasn't the crossing of county lines. It's also well known on this board that people who want proximity to Lake Norman for a more reasonable price can look at Denver.
I am a realtor, that is correct. And being that I have sold homes for 15 years in all 4 counties around the Lake and in Charlotte and in Concord and even in Love Valley... accurate information and realistic expectations are paramount to the business and I believe fair to post. My post was in no way negative about Denver or it's home prices, never even mentioned them. I apologize if it's your opinion you were being picked on.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:04 PM

20,515 posts, read 25,724,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchenette View Post
I am a realtor, that is correct. And being that I have sold homes for 15 years in all 4 counties around the Lake and in Charlotte and in Concord and even in Love Valley... accurate information and realistic expectations are paramount to the business and I believe fair to post. My post was in no way negative about Denver or it's home prices, never even mentioned them. I apologize if it's your opinion you were being picked on.
ssd has posted clarifications on the commute time. Her posted time was correct for an early commute & off by ~10 minutes for rush hour. I did not post a commute time, yet you posted a correction to me.

You corrected me for a commute time that I did not post & made it sound like it was way off. I did not post it & it was not way off. I explained why I felt that you made that post. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to reach the conclusion that I came to.

I had nothing to gain by agreeing with ssd that Denver would be another, reasonable, option. I don't live there, but I do live west of Charlotte, about 25 - 30 minutes from ssd. I do get very tired of people jumping in with negative comments whenever any place west of Charlotte is mentioned. It's worn very thin.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
ssd has posted clarifications on the commute time. Her posted time was correct for an early commute & off by ~10 minutes for rush hour. I did not post a commute time, yet you posted a correction to me.

You corrected me for a commute time that I did not post & made it sound like it was way off. I did not post it & it was not way off. I explained why I felt that you made that post. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to reach the conclusion that I came to.

I had nothing to gain by agreeing with ssd that Denver would be another, reasonable, option. I don't live there, but I do live west of Charlotte, about 25 - 30 minutes from ssd. I do get very tired of people jumping in with negative comments whenever any place west of Charlotte is mentioned. It's worn very thin.
It still isn't 20 minutes.
The only negative posting is yours.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:08 PM

2,116 posts, read 2,490,094 times
That 45 minute commute gets old after a while. I've been doing a 50-60 minute commute for 5 years now to Lowe's in Mooresville and I'm hopefully moving soon. We had looked at houses from Statesville on south to Mooresville but after thinking about it, I really couldn't think of any GOOD reason to not live in Mooresville and be within a few minutes of work. So many house choices RIGHT THERE at the office that adding more drive time to that just seemed silly.

Now all of that is moot if you find the absolute PERFECT area/neighborhood and just have to live there. Do what makes you happy of course. I'd personally start a search of houses within 10 miles of the office and go out from there before I'd start outwards and work in, just MHO though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or