Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 11:36 AM

689 posts, read 1,656,484 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone used a Holistic Doctor in Charlotte. I would also love to hear some experiences that you have had with this type of practice; how it has helped, holistic vs. traditional treatments, etc. I have read a lot of information on this, but would love to hear some real, local stories. Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 04:59 PM

148 posts, read 423,460 times
Just google for D.O. (osteopathic doctors) rather than MD and you will find your doctor. All the best.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:08 PM

1,638 posts, read 4,548,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustygupta View Post
Just google for D.O. (osteopathic doctors) rather than MD and you will find your doctor. All the best.
Are you looking for an osteopath or chiropractor (who still follow medicine really) or were you thinking more of homeopathy /refelxology/herbalists etc?
Don't have any experiences to share but thought it might be useful to clarify.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:48 PM

Good question! I was thinking more homeopathy/reflexology. I have a chiropractor, but he doesn't do much with holistic medicine---however he has done wonders with my headaches.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:09 AM

148 posts, read 423,460 times
Go to a DO who is MD + OMM. They are trained to practice holistic medicine

Old 05-21-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustygupta View Post
Go to a DO who is MD + OMM. They are trained to practice holistic medicine

Thanks for the info. I am hoping to find someone who can give me a recommendation as well.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:55 AM

156 posts, read 407,737 times
I have used several. My favorite doctor is Dr. Jessica Stadtmauer. She is a naturopathic physician who treats women and children, and she is PHENOMENAL!!! She works at The Art of Living Center on East Blvd, and her phone number is (704) 332-1201. Her husband, Dr. Mike Stadtmauer, is also a great naturopathic physician and licensed acupuncturist. He is located on Randolph Road. This is his website: Acupuncturist and Naturopathic Physician in Charlotte, NC.

My primary care MD is Dr. Will Lane at Touchstone Health Associates in Cornelius. He is an integrative medicine doctor, who has done the training with Dr. Andrew Weil. Here is their website: Touchstone Health Associates > Home. He is also really great, and it is so nice to have someone who takes insurance and understands the benefits of natural medicine.

For homeopathy, Naomi Zeskind is wonderful. Her phone number is (704)553-1811. And, I also love Cristin Gregory for acupuncture: Wellbeing Natural Health | Cristin Gregory.

As you can tell, I am a big believer in natural and alternative medicine!! I have found that natural providers work hard to find and help cure the cause of issues instead of simply treating the symptoms, which is what many allopathic doctors have done with me. I like knowing that my body is in a state of balance, which is the basic premise behind natural medicine.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:38 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,799,251 times
Matthews Chiropractor Chiropractic Matthews Chiropractors North Carolina 28105
My wife and a few others go to the Balanced Body Center and see Dr. Arnone and are very pleased with him. I don't much more about them, but my wife is VERY into Naturopathy (sp?) and recommends Dr. Arnone to alot of people.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugaillini View Post
I have used several. My favorite doctor is Dr. Jessica Stadtmauer. She is a naturopathic physician who treats women and children, and she is PHENOMENAL!!! She works at The Art of Living Center on East Blvd, and her phone number is (704) 332-1201. Her husband, Dr. Mike Stadtmauer, is also a great naturopathic physician and licensed acupuncturist. He is located on Randolph Road. This is his website: Acupuncturist and Naturopathic Physician in Charlotte, NC.

My primary care MD is Dr. Will Lane at Touchstone Health Associates in Cornelius. He is an integrative medicine doctor, who has done the training with Dr. Andrew Weil. Here is their website: Touchstone Health Associates > Home. He is also really great, and it is so nice to have someone who takes insurance and understands the benefits of natural medicine.

For homeopathy, Naomi Zeskind is wonderful. Her phone number is (704)553-1811. And, I also love Cristin Gregory for acupuncture: Wellbeing Natural Health | Cristin Gregory.

As you can tell, I am a big believer in natural and alternative medicine!! I have found that natural providers work hard to find and help cure the cause of issues instead of simply treating the symptoms, which is what many allopathic doctors have done with me. I like knowing that my body is in a state of balance, which is the basic premise behind natural medicine.

Thank you...this is very helpful info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte