U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2010, 11:08 PM

3 posts, read 4,011 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I am a new resident of the area around SouthPark Mall, Park Road Shopping Center, and the Scaleybark-Woodlawn area.

Having just got settled into my apartment, I am ready to get a cat. I am choosing one tomorrow, but I would like recommendations from the City Data forum as to which vet I should choose.

Unlike in Salisbury, you basically had three choices in the county, it seems like I have that many choices within a few miles from my complex. I see Long Animal Hospital, Woodlawn Animal Clinic, and a few others.

I am looking for a vet that will give my cat/kitten her yearly checkups, rabies shots, and all other necessary care. However, I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for the stuff either. What I am saying is, I don't mind paying for quality care but I don't want to pay more than I have to.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 08:51 AM

20 posts, read 34,293 times
I take my pup to Sharon Lakes Animal Hospital. They are very nice people and it is not too far from South Park. Prices seem to be about average.

7619 Sharon LakesRd
Charlotte, NC

Old 05-24-2010, 11:33 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,175,419 times
I would also vote for Sharon Lakes Animal Hospital. If you have a cat, you wan to see Dr. Maples. If you have a dog, we like Dr. Dixon.

They are both great but Maples is a big cat fan. You can tell he really loves them.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:11 PM

686 posts, read 1,419,744 times
I third Sharon Lakes Animal Hospital. I always take my cat to Dr. Weaver, but he is the owner and scaling back on his appts so it is harder to see him. I am sure Dr. Maples is fine, too.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:12 PM

367 posts, read 562,557 times
We take our dogs to Dr Estes at South Park Animal Hospital. Great people

Old 04-07-2011, 11:09 PM

716 posts, read 1,913,539 times
A fourth for Sharon Lakes. When I lived in that area, my cats used to see Dr. Duckwall, and he was just wonderful with them. You can tell he genuinely likes cats.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:08 AM

777 posts, read 2,278,826 times
We also take our dog to Sharon Lakes. Not the cheapest around but they seem to really care, are easy to work with, and are close to home. We see Dr. Maples (and the recommendation of our neighbors who have used him for a dozen years).

For 10 years (before our current puppy), we used (and were big fans) of Long Animal Hospital. We had an English Bulldog and a Rottweiler so we helped the vets there get some new boats/cars, etc! They are great group of vets and we saw them all. Our only issue with them was location when we bought a house, it would take us forever to get there for an afterwork appointment in rush hour traffic.

When we got our new pup last year, we decieded to go with a closer vet and Sharon Lakes has hands down winner for most recommendations near our neighborhood.

So, I can say I can highly recommend both Sharon Lakes and Longs (although I have 10+ years of experience with Long compared to 1 year at Sharon).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte