Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 10:45 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,029,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
omygosh, what is it today with you newcomers? Don't you understand, WE DON'T WANT CHARLOTTE TO BE LIKE NY??? We think traffic is already bad enough, we don't want it to get worse. Driving an hour to get to work in rush hour is unacceptable to the average southerner, don't you see?

Those of you who think traffic is so much better than where you came from continue ecouraging more and more folks like yourself to relocate here but doing that will just recreate what you moved here to get away from
I know, right?! Flippin' transplants... what should we do with them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 10:56 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,369,119 times
I'm actually kind of hurt that no one recognized my Waxhaw-to-Uptown post for what it was. Sarcasm! How many times have I posted things about people being irresponsible when they say they can get from Union County (for example) to Uptown in XX (fill in with an impossibly small number) of minutes? C'mon folks! keep up with me!

Old 05-25-2010, 10:58 AM

1,311 posts, read 4,681,734 times
I got it, chuckles. Good one!

Old 05-25-2010, 11:02 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,029,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
I'm actually kind of hurt that no one recognized my Waxhaw-to-Uptown post for what it was. Sarcasm! How many times have I posted things about people being irresponsible when they say they can get from Union County (for example) to Uptown in XX (fill in with an impossibly small number) of minutes? C'mon folks! keep up with me!
I got it! Look at my reply.... running off to cry in the corner in fetal position.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:18 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
Try using the little roll eyes emoticon next time - your post seemed serious to me!

Old 05-25-2010, 12:13 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
LOL! Sometimes, the subtleties of communication are lost on a forum!

Old 05-25-2010, 12:50 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
omygosh, what is it today with you newcomers? Don't you understand, WE DON'T WANT CHARLOTTE TO BE LIKE NY??? We think traffic is already bad enough, we don't want it to get worse. Driving an hour to get to work in rush hour is unacceptable to the average southerner, don't you see?

Those of you who think traffic is so much better than where you came from continue ecouraging more and more folks like yourself to relocate here but doing that will just recreate what you moved here to get away from
Ohmy gosh right back at ya..I only visit there..so I don't contribute to your traffic problems..just the times I have been..what you call traffic is a bit exaggerated...and you guys gotta get over your paranoia that people who relocate to Charlotte are looking to change anything except maybe support the local economy..bring our money..and make your property value go up...I'm just sayin

Old 05-25-2010, 12:52 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,369,119 times
Are you visiting again any time soon because my property value could use a shot in the arm!

Old 05-25-2010, 12:52 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
I moved down to Union County from LI (where I lived my whole life commuting into NYC) 2 months ago.

I know traffic and sitting on 485 in rush hour from exit 65 to exit 51 is as painful as any LIE commuting you could do. Arguably worse as it is 2 lanes, no HOV, and incredibly susceptible to an accident doubling your commute time.
These people are clueless..they see 2 cars and they are freaking out..bless their souls..

Old 05-25-2010, 02:14 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,361,318 times
Glad you enjoyed your visit! We loved it too when we first visited over a year ago, and here we are: one year this June since we moved.

We live in Ballantyne and love it here. The areas all around Charlotte have so much to offer.

My plan is to slowly start swaying relatives and friends to move over here (sorry Loves!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte