U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 10:58 AM

292 posts, read 404,361 times
Maybe I made assumptions about the garbage. It sounded like discarded trash from controlled substances, not illegal substances-like pill bottles, wrappers from pain patches and so forth. My comment was not meant to be demeaning to medical professionals, just that it was a strange coincidence given the type of drug litter and the type of business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 01:15 PM

1,644 posts, read 2,870,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megan722 View Post
Maybe I made assumptions about the garbage. It sounded like discarded trash from controlled substances, not illegal substances-like pill bottles, wrappers from pain patches and so forth. My comment was not meant to be demeaning to medical professionals, just that it was a strange coincidence given the type of drug litter and the type of business.
As I said, prescription drugs, Fentanyl transdermal patches and medicine bottles with what seemed to be again prescription grade drugs, probably liquid morphine
I'm a nurse and if it was my place of work I would be able to give you all the details, but it's my husbands. He's not a medical prof' but he does work for Carolinas.

Drugs like this would be very hard for someone to take from the hospital as 2 people are needed to check them out to a patient and every patch and ml has to be accounted for with a patients name beside it.The drugs are counted out at least once a week to check everything tallies. Of course I may be being very naive here.

The soda bottles were litre bottles, yes and I suppose because D'worth is a relatively safe area there aren't many law enforcers around.

I/ we had assumed that they were drinking alcohol out of the soda bottles.

I don't think that the patches would give an immediate mega high because they're meant to be sustained release for chronic severe pain.

But add in oral morphine plus some alcohol then you might have a deal.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:55 PM

437 posts, read 429,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megan722 View Post
I'd be suspect that these are nurses or other medical professionals doing this. I mean they are bottles and other controlled substances and you work at a place with a bunch of nurses... hmmm...
I'm sorry, but as a nurse I don't see any of them being stupid enough to leave the evidence lying around where people would obviously notice it. IF a nurse is going to do this they do it secretly and take from a patient who either isn't taking the meds or is not taking as many as they were, say, the day before. I know this because I worked with a RN who was diverting Percocet. She got caught...but she sure didn't do anything where anyone could see her or see her leftovers.

Not buying the nurse theory.....

Like someone said, people see this as a discreet and safe place to do their drugs, which could have easily been bought off the street at astronomical prices.

p.s. Nurses can be tested at any time but I worked at a downtown hospital for over 5 years and I was not tested once. That might have changed by now.

Old 05-27-2010, 05:32 PM

4,010 posts, read 5,802,390 times
Maybe I am missing something, but why would someone pour booze into a 1 liter plastic bottle to drink instead of leaving it in the original container?

Old 05-27-2010, 06:40 PM

437 posts, read 429,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
Maybe I am missing something, but why would someone pour booze into a 1 liter plastic bottle to drink instead of leaving it in the original container?
Good question. Maybe to have a 'cover' in case a cop did happen to drive by they wouldn't think much of a soda bottle?

I wanted to add, I was drug tested when I was hired and that's mandatory.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:26 PM

5,085 posts, read 4,785,989 times
If I'm reading this right... Your husband found paraphernalia, suggesting that people may be manufacturing meth (or consuming something not good for you), in the parking lot of his job - like, all the time.

I don't consider myself an alarmist or anything, but I think I would at least tell the manager / boss / security / owner of the property. It could just be a matter of not enough lighting out there and convenient. If you want to go a step further, you can find decent surveillance cameras as easily as going to Costco. For me... if I owned the building/business (or leased there), I wouldn't want that in my parking lot.

Telling the cops, filing a report is fine. But, I don't see the cops responsible to cruise every parking lot unless you're doing a little something to help protect yourself. Then again, maybe they're already casing the place to raid it.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:09 AM

1 posts, read 437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
While addiction is a well-documented problem with a small percentage of medical professionals, it is not likely folks would be manufacturing meth, shooting up, or snorting coke outside their place of work.

The perps are probably gathering there b/c they have found it is a fairly safe area that isn't patrolled by CMPD on a regular basis (or a security guard, for that matter).

If someone is concerned, as it does appear that spot is attracting addicts, one could always take pictures of the discarded paraphenalia daily - and then send the photos to CMPD and ask if they have time to swing by and see what is going on . . . however, I am so against incarcerating addicts - what would be gained by throwing people in jail.

On the other hand, you didn't give a good description of the bottles involved. Are you talking liter sized soda bottles? These are used in making a type of meth - and the process is dangerous.

New Method to Make Meth in Soda Bottles Makes it Easy for Anyone - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

If those are soda bottles, I would definitely contact CMPD, as someone could be seriously injured if folks are standing around manufacturing the abovementioned product.
As an ex-addict, I have seriously thought of writing a book to enlighten the general public of how many seemingly "normal" people are addicts. I have shot up in every concievable place of business, restroom, parking lot, etc. When you are in withdrawal, it just doesn't matter where you are...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte