Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 07:26 PM

20 posts, read 29,872 times

Advertisements

We used sevin and it cleared our yard of them. It does leave kind of white spots on your plants though. I've seen a couple back on the rose bushes and I spot sprayed them with soapy water and that seemed to work great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 09:16 PM

468 posts, read 821,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawks91 View Post
I put Milky Spore in my yard (follow the directions) and it has kept them away. I also did my neighbors yard for good measure.
This is without a doubt the best way to get rid of them.

We had that problems in our neighborhood about 27 years ago. We purchased Milky Spore in bulk and applied it through the whole neighborhood.

The following year you could tell it was working.......very few of the bugs around. The year after there was none. Now over 20 years later, it is rare to even see one at all. Last time I spotted one was over 5 years ago........ and that was just one!

Get in touch with your local Ag Extension agency and find out how you can get milky spore in bulk quantities. Try to get the cooperation of your surrounding neighbors to join in with you. The stuff is not cheap but it works.

And you only have to do it once............ not every year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte