U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2007, 10:09 PM

1,888 posts, read 7,134,962 times

Advertisements

Honest opinions. I think I'm going with a certain company on my townhome purchase. I will not relocate anytime soon but I plan to make the purchase within the the next couple of months.

What are your opinions on the OXFORD COMMONS community in Concord? Last year, some friends purchased some properties in Old Stone Crossing but I dragged my feet on that and they're sold out at this point. This community (oxford commons) is nearby- I saw it on the map but I haven't been there in person.

Any thoughts on this area??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 08:22 AM

2 posts, read 7,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
Honest opinions. I think I'm going with a certain company on my townhome purchase. I will not relocate anytime soon but I plan to make the purchase within the the next couple of months.

What are your opinions on the OXFORD COMMONS community in Concord? Last year, some friends purchased some properties in Old Stone Crossing but I dragged my feet on that and they're sold out at this point. This community (oxford commons) is nearby- I saw it on the map but I haven't been there in person.

See my post here: Is anyone familiar with OXFORD COMMONS?

Old 09-03-2010, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,746 times
Default Half way!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post

I live in Oxford Commons off Pitt School Rd, in Concord NC. I'm very dissapointed with this community because part of the road was left unfinished. Also be very carefull with the administration office called Llamsinc because your HOA fee will never be enough, that's their excuse every time you ask them to fix something.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:10 AM

4 posts, read 8,021 times
Talking Oxford Commons

Hello,

I just moved into this newer subdivision a few months ago and have really enjoyed it so far. Very friendly neighbors and nice large community pool. They had a neighborhood cookout a few weekends ago where there was free food, water volleyball, corn hole tournament and some other fun social activities. The location is really great! This community is located directly beside a new elementary school (Carl A. Furr), 1/2 mile from the nearest grocery store + dry cleaners, 1.2 miles from Concord Mills Mall area where there is tons of great shopping and so many good restaurants and about 5 miles from UNCC. I commute to uptown Charlotte for work but even with 8 am traffic, I am there in 20 minutes.

I am very blessed to have been able to qualify to buy a new home during these tough economic times. I actually took advantage of this sale they are having now where the developer is selling the model homes that come with a bunch of energy efficient upgrades already installed, new appliances included and also completely furnished with all new furniture in every room (beds, bedroom sets, pillow top mattresses, sectional sofas, lounge chairs, custom window treatments, framed art on the walls, fancy paint jobs by interior designers, etc). The good thing about this deal is that when looking for financing, Banks WILL NOT loan on furniture/ personal property and the seller knows this so they are having to give away all the interior belongings for free! (It is really just an added bonus because of the economy but I took advantage and am pleased to have my entire house look like it was decked out by HGTV!)

Well, if you work a lot like me, want maintenance free weekends with NO yard work, don't have 3+ kids yet and like to be close to great shopping and restaurants then this community might be for you. If you are looking for a home with a 3 car garage, a big fenced in yard and that sort of thing, then look at a neighborhood called Riverwalk that is also a newer community in this same area with 4 and 5 BR homes.

Thanks,

-William
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte