U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 10:09 AM

12,281 posts, read 11,568,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John9181 View Post
Yeah I know. And I think it was a really good suggestion. That's why right now it's at the top of the list so far. I just want to keep my options open before I settle for one spot. But I did find out that there is a Buffalo Wild Wings in Gastonia. That's a plus.
I understand, totally.

Lots of good barbeque in this area. Most are not chains. Remember the barbeque places that used to be in Magnolia? That's what I'm talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 10:43 AM

2,447 posts, read 4,484,653 times
Quote:
But I did find out that there is a Buffalo Wild Wings in Gastonia. That's a plus.
Yes, it is brand new.

I may be wrong but I think the highest rated(9) elementary schools in the area are Belmont Central in Belmont and New Hope Elementary in Gastonia (practically Belmont).

Old 06-13-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
Yes, it is brand new.

I may be wrong but I think the highest rated(9) elementary schools in the area are Belmont Central in Belmont and New Hope Elementary in Gastonia (practically Belmont).
That's what I thought, too. I would think that New Hope probably gets a fair amount of the South Gastonia apartments that I mentioned, since New Hope Road cuts through that area. I could be wrong, but just my guess. There's another one in South Gastonia that I think is 8.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:01 AM

78 posts, read 61,812 times
Quote:
Yes, it is brand new.

Yeah I read up on New Hope Elementary. A lot of good things said about the school by parents who posted feedback on it. I'll look up Belmont Central as well. Is Belmont a nearby town to Gastonia?

Old 06-13-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John9181 View Post
Yeah I read up on New Hope Elementary. A lot of good things said about the school by parents who posted feedback on it. I'll look up Belmont Central as well. Is Belmont a nearby town to Gastonia?
Yes, Belmont is on the county line for Gaston County. If it wasn't for the Catawba River, you could spit into Mecklenburg County.

Here's the website for a map to find New Hope School. It's on Stowe Road, off New Hope. You can click on the map & get a larger map, where you can manuver the map. The school is north of Hudson & South of Franklin Blvd., fairly near to Gaston Memorial Hospital, which is the hospital that I posted the link for.

New Hope Elementary School - Gastonia, NC, 28056 - Citysearch

Old 06-13-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Yes, it is brand new.

I found a listing on Great Schools of the top 5 schools in Gastonia. 3 are elementary schools in South Gastonia, rated 8, 9, & 10, so he really can't go wrong there. Gastonia Schools - Gastonia North Carolina School Ratings - Public and Private

Old 06-13-2010, 11:59 AM

2,447 posts, read 4,484,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
That's what I thought, too. I would think that New Hope probably gets a fair amount of the South Gastonia apartments that I mentioned, since New Hope Road cuts through that area. I could be wrong, but just my guess. There's another one in South Gastonia that I think is 8.
I don't think so, New Hope is a really long road. I think those kids go to Robinwood and W.G. Bess. I do know that New Hope Elementary gets kids from Cramerton, SE Gastonia and Belmont. The school is thisclose to Belmont and Cramerton, SE of both Franklin/Wilkinson Blvd and Hudson Blvd. It's probably only about 20 minutes from the hospital.

City of Belmont
Belmont Rocks

Last edited by NCgirl; 06-13-2010 at 12:10 PM..

Old 06-13-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
I don't think so, New Hope is a really long road. I think those kids go to Robinwood and W.G. Bess. I do know that New Hope Elementary gets kids from Cramerton, SE Gastonia and Belmont.

City of Belmont
Belmont Rocks
Thanks. Obviously, I've been able to pick up a working knowledge, but not the details. You're the best when it comes to giving information on Gaston County.

Bess School actually is the top rated school. It's rated 10, so that would sure work for John.

You're right on the location. I don't know what the heck I was looking at. Must have clicked on the wrong school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte