U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 08:37 AM

234 posts, read 317,134 times

Advertisements

We moved to Cville from north shore LI when in 1992. Charlottesville and the surrounding area sure has changed a lot since then, which sticks out to me because I've been up in Boston for the past 12 years and whenever I go back I can see the change. It's definitely more congested, more traffic, but nowhere near NOVa, and much more reasonably priced in general. What struck me as funny is that you say you want to live in a "suburb". Living in Albemarle County (and even the "city" of Charlottesville) is like living in a suburb- have you visited? Unless your main goal is to find cheaper housing, I would try to live in Albemarle, where the housing costs are significantly lower than LI to begin with.

We lived in Northern Albemarle and now my parents live just over the line in Ruckersville. On a recent trip there my four year old asked us why we always turn down the same road when we leave Nana and Papa's house- and he's referring to the fact that whenever we do something, we leave there house and drive right down route 29 for awhile until we get down into Cville. This drives my husband crazy, up and down 29 all the time.

You could definitely look at Crozet, Earlysville and other areas in Albemarle. Do you have kids? Looking for good public schools? Because if schools are a consideration, that would definitely affect my recommendations.

And about fitting in- there are a lot of transplants from up north, it's a university town, so I really don't think you'll have a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 12:04 PM

234 posts, read 317,134 times
If you can find a brand new house like this in your price range in Earlysville, then I don't know why you'd want to live outside of Albemarle County. I don't really know anything about this house, but Earlysville is a little more removed and woodsy yet conveniently located, good schools if you need them.

MLS #478879

Moderator cut: Links to real estate properties for sale are not allowed, per the Terms of Service.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 03-22-2011 at 07:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville