Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2011, 08:10 AM

48 posts, read 230,803 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

Back to checking out different areas in Cville for retirement. I'm interested in learning more about the Monticello Overlook Condos. From the realtor's site they have just about everything I would be looking for and the views are great! It says they are in the Belmont area. How is this area? The prices on the units seem a little too cheap for the views. Is this a safe area? Does anyone know if the condo allows pets? I have a medium size dog. Also how is the distance to grocery stores etc. Thanks for all replies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 11:10 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,829,054 times
I don't live in Charlottesville, but a friend of mine lives in the Belmont area and says it's "in transition." I found a realtor website for the condo that says the area is "rejuvenated." The truth is probably somewhere in between. The neighborhood's website is here, and you can check crime statistics here.

I searched the last month, with a one-mile radius, and here are the reported crimes (63 total):

Whether that's good or bad, compared to the rest of the city, I don't know.

Not sure about your other questions -- hopefully someone in the area can help with those. I can tell you that the condos are [relatively] close to Thomas Jefferson's Monticello!
Attached Thumbnails
Monticello Overlook Condos-cvillecrimemap.jpg  

Old 12-23-2011, 11:25 AM

894 posts, read 2,314,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GARDENGAL60 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Back to checking out different areas in Cville for retirement. I'm interested in learning more about the Monticello Overlook Condos. From the realtor's site they have just about everything I would be looking for and the views are great! It says they are in the Belmont area. How is this area? The prices on the units seem a little too cheap for the views. Is this a safe area? Does anyone know if the condo allows pets? I have a medium size dog. Also how is the distance to grocery stores etc. Thanks for all replies!
Hello. If these are the condos I'm thinking of, I pass them everyday going to work. I actually work in the Belmont area. As far as views go, I would say they are overstating the grandeur of it. You can look up at Monticello mountain, but you're not up on it looking down across the city. Belmont is a mixed bag. Parts of it are very nice, some not so much. These are in an ok section of Belmont in my opinion, but I can't say that with 100% confidence. For your dog, again, if these are the ones I'm thinking of, I have seen people walking their dogs in the morning who obviously live there, but if not sure, just give them a call or email them. Distance to shopping, depending on where you want to go would be between 5 minutes or less to 20-25 minutes. I hope this helps, and if you have further questions, just let us know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville