U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-21-2012, 01:59 AM

1 posts, read 841 times
Post Possible move from Arizona to Crozet Virginia

So a few months ago a friend and her family moved out from Mesa Arizona to Crozet Virginia. and decided they love it there. so i've been offered to move in with them. Now, i would love to do this! i just want to get a better idea of what its like and how different it will be from where i am now in mesa but i dont have the money to just go out and visit.
So i'm 19, i'd be flying out alone.
I'm kind of...alternative? i guess you could say, tattoos, piercings. you know..that kind of stuff.
Now i know its not a big town at all, which i dont really have a problem with. i guess im just wondering how much i might fit in there. clearly i would be looking for a job. and while in arizona jobs arent necisarilly abundant, are they better or worse there? and how many of them will concider me with my tattoos?
Also im planning on going to a community college while i'm out there but i wont have a vehicle so are there any community colleges right in the crozet area?

any kind of information or stories about your move (if you moved from arizona or somewhere else out west) would really really help. thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 04:57 AM

87 posts, read 34,120 times
Hey Elizgibb I dont know what folks hiring would think about tattoos or pericing.I see alot of folks like that in Charlottesville.Theres no community colleges in Crozet youd have to go to Charlottesville I reckon for that.There might be some in the valley.If you fixing to live in Crozet youll need tranportation.Im not sure what the jobs are in Crozet if any.But its growing right much.I dont care for the growth myself but thats me.I never been to Arizona but I figure its alot didfferent here then there.There humidity,rain,mountains,lots of creeks and rivers.The beach is a couple hours away or maybe alittle further if you was to want to go to Carolina.But the alternative thing is going on here sure enuff.
When you get here I hope you like it and find what you looking for.Happy Trails

Old 06-21-2012, 06:53 AM

11,151 posts, read 8,923,944 times
The closest community college is Piedmont Virginia Community College, which Mapquest says is a smidge under 20 miles away.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:16 AM

280 posts, read 257,103 times
Crozet has two concepts that define it. One is the town proper where there is a four way stop, a traffic light a BP/Dairy Queen and a group of small businesses. I do not think tattoos and piercings are a big issue for most of the folks in the region as a whole but there are exceptions I am sure.
The larger concept of Crozet is the generally rural and large tract suburban area from the White Hall area to Greenwood to Ivy and to Afton. That is a large region with little or no public transportation in either concept of Crozet. Getting rides or having a car is the only way I can think of someone being able to operate in the area. I guess you could be focused on the town area and walk as well.
Piedmont Valley CC is about 20 minutes down the highway. Once there buses run into Charlottesville where walking and buses are available.

There is a kind of funky cool rock/alternative country bluegrass scene loosely centered in Crozet/Western Albemarle county. Good folks with lots of diverse appearances and lifestyles.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:11 PM

942 posts, read 726,664 times
Tats, Piercings, living with parents and going to PVCC? You just described half of the adolescent population in the Cville metro area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville