Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2016, 02:31 PM

23 posts, read 32,466 times

Advertisements

If anyone knows about the HOA at Spring Hill (it's off Ivy Rd near Murray school and Duners restaurant and boars head club). We live in a serious HOA currently at highlands ranch CO. Has been said its one of the strictest in the country and I believe that. Want something less super cerial. Any advice? The location is perfect 15 min to downtown Cville 12 min to Crozet. Lots of Vineyards and Breweries. Good places to eat. Seems pretty perfect. The only question looming is the HOA. Thanks for reading. And for any replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 02:55 PM

49 posts, read 179,556 times
HI I don't know about HOA but have you been to Spring Hill? One of the things we have found in our plan to move to Cville is that while we don't want a lookalike hoa hood on the other hand many of what Cville calls a neighborhood tends to be more of a collection of homes of hugely different price points and level of upkeep with often large plots of undeveloped land between homes and no true "entrance"...just thought I mention as we were surprised when we actually came to visit. That being said Spring Hill had one street in particular that we really liked and felt more cohesive and neighborly - Lolllob lane or lollipop lane or something. Good luck.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:28 PM

Default Thanks!

I haven't been but I've done a bit of research and have a few people who have visited the place. It's near lobo loblob or whatever. (I love that name) I'm pretty sure we are gonna sign the contract for it. It's pretty isolated from the other houses and we like that. Thanks it's nice to hear the people can be friendly!

Old 05-19-2016, 08:21 AM

49 posts, read 179,556 times
Congrats - that is the street we liked...it is a bit wider than some in cville that can be narrow/treed/dark and the homes sit far apart without feeling buried in the woods - plus it sits a bit high up on the crest of a hill in a way which really opens up the space I found. The location of Spring Hill is great - very close to Ivy road and downtown and good schools. We met a neighbor that lives there when we were looking that said it is a nice community etc.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:54 PM

Default Thanks!

Thank you! And thank you for your reply!

Old 05-20-2016, 09:49 PM

12 posts, read 40,007 times
I live close to Spring Hill and jog there from time to time. I don't think there is any real "vibe" in Spring Hills (to answer your other question). It is just very quiet and private. Seems like mostly empty nesters with a few younger families mixed in. Does not seem like a cohesive neighborhood, which is what many people here prefer. I am not sure about HOA.
In my opinion Spring Hill is pretty much the best bang for your buck close to town in WAlbemarle.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebBo13 View Post
I live close to Spring Hill and jog there from time to time. I don't think there is any real "vibe" in Spring Hills (to answer your other question). It is just very quiet and private. Seems like mostly empty nesters with a few younger families mixed in. Does not seem like a cohesive neighborhood, which is what many people here prefer. I am not sure about HOA.
In my opinion Spring Hill is pretty much the best bang for your buck close to town in WAlbemarle.
That is perfect for me. We are two young folks with no kids (yet) and value our privacy. the peace and quiet is a plus! If I want all that I'll go hang in Cville or Crozet. It's the perfect location right between the two cities. We did end up buying a house there and we are looking forward to moving in. We currently live in a super populated subdivision in CO, I can hear my neighbors and I can see right into their houses. Packed
Like sardines with no land, no privacy, and every single person has kids. Along with one of the strictest if not the strictest hoa's in the country. Gosh I can't wait to leave. Spring Hill looks and sounds perfect! We haven't been yet but we had people we trust who knows what we were looking for. And the public schools are even really good in the area. Not very diverse, but they are really good for my future kids. Excited about being in the Murray school district. Now I won't have to send them to some private school for a top notch elementary school education. I wonder about the pre-schools. Sure it's the same. Maybe I'll see you jogging out there! Thanks again!

Old 05-31-2016, 04:26 PM

419 posts, read 902,637 times
It's Loblolly Lane named after the pine species.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:07 AM

5,046 posts, read 9,622,618 times
As far as the technical working of your HOA, Virginia has great rules on info provided to buyers in HOAs. They're very protective of the buyer there. About 20 items that need to be supplied by the HOA to the prospective buyer, a certain number of days after the contract is signed, buyer's approval within a certain number of days. All finances, bylaws, other docs laid out clearly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville
View detailed profiles of: