U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-10-2018, 04:54 PM
 
6,732 posts, read 2,619,543 times
Reputation: 18279

Advertisements

Here's my best guess. John Wesley Morris shot two men in the Pantops Area of Charlottesville Va Dec. 16, 1985, which is near the courthouse. They got into an argument at the Hardees and he chased them in their cars and shot them as they fled. Apparently they were well liked young men, and this would have made a lasting impression on the community.

This case is still in the news because he got out of prison and shot a woman in the neck.

Man allegedly shoots woman in neck | The Hook - Charlottesville's weekly newspaper, news magazine

 
Old 02-11-2018, 03:51 AM
 
1,589 posts, read 768,554 times
Reputation: 2125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
OP, is your only interest in the courthouse shooting to try to determine a time frame when your father was arrested?

You mention you don't know how much time you have to "get evidence". Are you working on suing him or pursuing criminal charges?

Do you have any other extended family who could help you with this - grandparents, aunts or uncles? Do you have an address where you lived where you could contact neighbors?

1985 isn't that long ago, at all. It's not like the 1700's. A young adult in 1985 is most likely to still be living, unless they died prematurely. You should call the school secretary and ask if there are any teachers still there - it's very likely there are, or they are still in the area and can help remember.
Pretty much the primary reason (although been curious about the shooting after hearing mom talk about it so much over the years). I know what my father did happened in 1984. I was in second grade attending Woodbrook. We lived in Square Hill apts. Square Hill sold the apts and they go by something else now.

I have no one to help me with anything. I don't remember our exact address. Not sure I actually knew our address. We lived in one of the apts across from the office where there was a shop and my dad would do work in the shop.

My father wrote a letter to disability office claiming I was faking my medical and mental health problems back in 2016 after I wouldn't let him have control of my disability money and tried to move out of the state to get away from him and the family. KY immediately moved to throw me off disability, and it's in appeals. I have to have evidence of his character and what my childhood was like.

My family was so abusive to me that I was forced to marry a man who raped me as a child and then they did their part to help my rapist get custody of my child years after I escaped him. I have no family anymore and never had a decent one to start with. My father would do things and no matter how bad it was my mother would always move us back together so he could do more to me. No one cared what happened to me.

My health problems make me completely unemployable. No employer has ever wanted to keep me after seeing how messed up I am. If I lose this case I am dead. I cannot survive long without medical treatment. I wouldn't even be able to get diapers anymore or be able to wash my clothes after an accident. I'd have no money for even bathing. I'd have to die in the street or end it on my own. The stress from the latest of what my family is doing to me is hard to deal with. I've been trying to gather as much evidence as I can and I have no idea when the court case will be heard. Best I figure I can do is get evidence of when he was arrested. No one even tried to help me when I was a child and people knew what was going on. Instead, I had bible scripture thrown in my face. So, no one who is still alive who knew what he was like is going to come forward and back me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Here's my best guess. John Wesley Morris shot two men in the Pantops Area of Charlottesville Va Dec. 16, 1985, which is near the courthouse. They got into an argument at the Hardees and he chased them in their cars and shot them as they fled. Apparently they were well liked young men, and this would have made a lasting impression on the community.

This case is still in the news because he got out of prison and shot a woman in the neck.

Man allegedly shoots woman in neck | The Hook - Charlottesville's weekly newspaper, news magazine
This doesn't match what my mother was saying. She said some man had shot his father-in-law and wife and maybe someone else as they were coming out of the courthouse. Still a bad shooting though.

I think I'm going to have to give up the courthouse shooting angle to date stuff.

I know what my father did happened sometime during first half of 1984. He shot and busted up the apartment and we had to flee the apartment. My friend's mother took us in for a night or two maybe and then mom fled the jurisdiction with us because CPS was wanting to take us. My mother was making excuses for him and already talking about keeping the marriage together. That was the closest I ever got to being rescued from the family. It kept getting worse from there. If the school has an archive of the records it might help me get a date that way, or at least get closer to a date.
 
Old 02-11-2018, 02:52 PM
 
6,732 posts, read 2,619,543 times
Reputation: 18279
If you had an open case with CPS, there would still be records of that.

What about your friend's mother, who took you in for a couple nights?

You say no one who is alive will take your side of things.

How many people is that - who know what happened and don't see it from your perspective?

I know I sound accusatory, but I'm not. I'm just trying to figure this out and offer other suggestions.

I think you may be going at this the wrong way. If you sincerely have a disability that has caused you to be fired from numerous positions, surely you can get your former employers - at your request - to write letters stating how you were unable to fulfill work expectations.

And if you're incontinent, surely you can get a doctor to sign off on that.

Finding a 33 year old arrest record to prove your father was a criminal to disprove his letter to the Department stating you are faking it seems like a really, really twisty way to get this accomplished.

Prove you have a disability - not that your father was arrested in 1984 for gun violence.

Last edited by ClaraC; 02-11-2018 at 03:02 PM..
 
Old 02-12-2018, 05:02 AM
 
1,589 posts, read 768,554 times
Reputation: 2125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
If you had an open case with CPS, there would still be records of that.

What about your friend's mother, who took you in for a couple nights?

You say no one who is alive will take your side of things.

How many people is that - who know what happened and don't see it from your perspective?

I know I sound accusatory, but I'm not. I'm just trying to figure this out and offer other suggestions.

I think you may be going at this the wrong way. If you sincerely have a disability that has caused you to be fired from numerous positions, surely you can get your former employers - at your request - to write letters stating how you were unable to fulfill work expectations.

And if you're incontinent, surely you can get a doctor to sign off on that.

Finding a 33 year old arrest record to prove your father was a criminal to disprove his letter to the Department stating you are faking it seems like a really, really twisty way to get this accomplished.

Prove you have a disability - not that your father was arrested in 1984 for gun violence.
The disability that they are claiming got better in order to kick me off was PTSD. What he did to me growing up is part of that PTSD. And why they say I improved? The attorney general investigators wrote up that they saw me in public without signs of anxiety and that I talked on a cell phone couple times. It's about credibility. They are trying to smear me and act like nothing ever happened to me so I have to have some evidence that I'm being credible. I am trying to prove my violent, unstable upbringing, not exclusively prove one particular arrest.

Even though the government used my PTSD as an excuse to take my daughter from me and give her to my rapist, they are now claiming I have "poor impulse control". They had sent me to a mental evaluator who wrote that I had PTSD and was marked in couple categories, so they rejected it since it didn't say what they wanted and got some random mental evaluator who never even spoke to me to write up that I don't have PTSD and just had poor impulse control. When I was fighting for my daughter though, the childhood I had was used to prove there was no way someone who survived that could be fit to raise a child, even though I'd been raising her for 14 years by that point. I only have PTSD when it suits the government in their records, even though I've been in and out of counseling since childhood.

My current therapist has me on three different medications trying to calm my anxiety and has tripled dosage on one and doubled another. I was kicked out of the last one because I wasn't getting better so she said she couldn't do anything for me and ended therapy.

I figure the only way to get better one day psychologically is to finally move away from my family and cut off all contact permanently. I have gone almost all no contact so far and it's been scary because some of the really bad memories that have been blacked out for much of my life has been slowly resurfacing and I've been having trouble coping with some of it. Most of the memories are still blacked out though. I'm not sure I even want to remember. The stuff I remember much of the time is hard enough to carry around. I'd get beaten for stuff I still don't always know why. If I smiled, for example, then it was proof I was up to something and I'd get a beating for it. If I cried I was ridiculed for it, so I ended up rarely crying in front of others. My things like Christmas presents were usually taken from me and given to someone else. The few I was allowed to keep were stuff too girly for my brother to want. My pets were killed or got rid of when I'd form an attachment. Like my hamster. He was in my room and either my mom or my brother took it and put it near the hot wood stove where it slowly cooked to death. Then, after I was upset over it, the family told people I had killed my hamster and had people thinking I was a monster child that killed my pets. My pets that they knew I cared about always ended up that way, so I'd have to distance myself around them to try and hide affection because I was scared they'd kill another one. It was like they got the pets just for that purpose. And smile about my reaction to their death like it was so funny.

My mother rarely ever bathed me and I'd go to school wearing the same clothes all the time and even the teachers would sometimes ridicule me. I usually went hungry if I didn't have school that day because I mostly ate free lunch at the school. My family never loved me. My brother though was always kept clean and well fed. They doted on him. I started shoplifting when I was a child to get things like school supplies and food. My socks were usually caked with dirt because they weren't cleaned very often. The teachers did absolutely nothing about it. No call to CPS or anything like that. CPS only got involved in Charlottesville because the police reported it I think, but from the 3rd grade on no one even did that much even when my father was arrested. Part of my PTSD I get triggered when I see it happening to other children. It comes flooding back even harder. And it was really hard when I was homeless and had trouble bathing and keeping clean. I can't stand being trapped in filth. To my family though, I didn't even deserve what little I got when I was a kid and was told I was being ungrateful a lot, especially if I said I was hungry or something like that. I was so skinny from lack of food that even the smallest size clothes available was baggy on me. And a lot of what I remember is worse than that. The blackout memories are even worse. Very little nice things happened in my life, and when it started to, it would be taken away. I lived in fear because they'd always find some reason to punish me no matter how obedient I was. Even when I behaved, I was such an ungrateful, evil child I must've done something so I needed punished anyway. I started fantasizing about death and suicide when I was around five years old because I wanted to escape so bad and it just kept getting worse.

Then some other people involved in the fraud report literally edited/slanted medical records to make it look like I didn't have problems. For example, the urologist had temporarily not been taking my insurance because of some matter with clinic regulations. Two years temporary. I was having to see a different urologist. As soon as I found out the urologist I had been seeing since 2002 was taking the insurance again, before I received word of the disability review in the mail, I had switched back to him. The urologist notes that I hadn't seen him in couple years due to insurance issues and had been seeing this other urologist. Then it talked about all the problems I was having (because the urologist I had been seeing for those two years was a quack that made me worse). The government summarized this by saying I hadn't seen urologist in two years, left out the urologist's explanation as to why, and took out all the references to the problems I was having. They twisted it to make it seem like I had no problems and just didn't see the doctor for couple of years. The entire fraud report was like this. They even exaggerated a distance I walked sometimes to make it seem like I was extremely physically active. And they claimed that they talked to this manager at a fast food restaurant and that the manager claimed I went in there every day washing tables in exchange for food and that I ordered water and stole soda in the cups instead of getting water. I rarely even drink soda because of my bladder problems. There was very little in the fraud report that was true.

I've been trying to poke holes in the fraud report as much as possible, and providing evidence of events that I have talked about helps too. In the report they even claimed my ebt was suspended, having innuendo that I did something wrong. I went by the food stamp office where I was living when the report was made and told them what was going on and the man was helpful and printed off evidence that they were lying about that in the fraud report. I printed off email exchange from where I returned someone's credit card that they lost, while I was homeless, several years ago to help counter the character assassination. I tried hiring a PI to investigate what people would really say about me at that restaurant to help prove it isn't true, but the only PI that met and talked with me defended the AG's office and didn't want to get involved. I've tried to get medical records from the urologist I saw for those two years, but they're wanting nearly $4k from me because medicaid refused to pay for the surgery he performed that injured me. I'm hoping to still get the records at some point, but in the meantime I've been trying to find some proof of my going to see him at least to help show I didn't just fail to see a urologist for two years.

I was homeless first part of 2016. I was living in my truck with my three cats. It was really bad winter and I kept driving south to warmer weather to keep me and my cats from freezing to death. The AG investigators wanted to smear me so bad that it was wrote up that I admitted to driving south for bit of warm air and it was wrote up like I had gone on vacation on taxpayer dime. It was wrote up like it wasn't even an ordeal. When the government wants to 'prove' you guilty of something then they will do whatever it can, even if it's twisting facts or even changing them.

When I testified at the last hearing about my health problems the one conducting the hearing had already made up his mind based upon the twisted fraud report and was scoffing at me when I talked about my abusive family and what people have done to me. I need to make sure I have some evidence of some of this at the next hearing since my character has been assassinated and anything I say without evidence will be deemed not credible. I did not commit fraud though, and those investigating had to resort to fraud in order to build the 'case' against me in the first place. They even got some of my doctors to turn on me somehow and even my Crohn's doctor is no longer treating my illness and acting like I just need to drink more water. Just about all I drink is water already, so if that were to be the cure for Crohn's I'd be all better by now. Before the fraud investigation though he used to treat my Crohn's more aggressively. I think some of my doctors might have been threatened based upon the way they changed towards me when the fraud investigation started, which was months before the review papers came in the mail. I knew something strange was going on. One of my doctors even took me aside and said how I had a serious disease, not to let anyone tell me otherwise, and he couldn't schedule follow ups anymore as much as I had but anytime I had a problem I could come in without an appointment and he'd treat me. It was very strange. I've been trying to replace some of the doctors now because they've pretty much stopped treating my problem I was seeing them for and so they've become pointless. I have some new doctors already and have finally been put back on asthma medication that controls it. It's lengthy process because the PCP has to give referral. So, I have to go to PCP and get referral for each new doctor. I only got one to go so far though. I'm sticking with the rest for now.

CPS actually gets rid of reports ever so often, forget the years, so it's highly unlikely those reports still exist. I can still try to ask them of course, but I don't have much hope for that. It'd be nice if they did. I'm just not going to have my hopes up when I ask them.

Most people who were around to see what my father was like are dead. The only ones that are left are abusive family members, and there's not many of those left fortunately. Most of the family that I grew up around are dead now. There used to be former school teachers that knew what he was like, although even my former school teachers have died off over the years.

I have tried to locate former friends from back then over the years, but I have been unsuccessful. I haven't even been able to figure out how to spell last names. It wasn't for this reason though. I was just trying to touch base. The last name of the friend that helped us that night was pronounced Eyeler, but I have no idea how it would be spelled. And some people I don't remember the last names or even first names. If I ever saw how to spell the names it was when I was seven years old and that was a long time ago.
 
Old 02-13-2018, 12:23 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
15,710 posts, read 22,767,205 times
Reputation: 17461
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
The disability that they are claiming got better in order to kick me off was PTSD. What he did to me growing up is part of that PTSD. And why they say I improved? The attorney general investigators wrote up that they saw me in public without signs of anxiety and that I talked on a cell phone couple times. It's about credibility. They are trying to smear me and act like nothing ever happened to me so I have to have some evidence that I'm being credible. I am trying to prove my violent, unstable upbringing, not exclusively prove one particular arrest.

Even though the government used my PTSD as an excuse to take my daughter from me and give her to my rapist, they are now claiming I have "poor impulse control". They had sent me to a mental evaluator who wrote that I had PTSD and was marked in couple categories, so they rejected it since it didn't say what they wanted and got some random mental evaluator who never even spoke to me to write up that I don't have PTSD and just had poor impulse control. When I was fighting for my daughter though, the childhood I had was used to prove there was no way someone who survived that could be fit to raise a child, even though I'd been raising her for 14 years by that point. I only have PTSD when it suits the government in their records, even though I've been in and out of counseling since childhood.

My current therapist has me on three different medications trying to calm my anxiety and has tripled dosage on one and doubled another. I was kicked out of the last one because I wasn't getting better so she said she couldn't do anything for me and ended therapy.

I figure the only way to get better one day psychologically is to finally move away from my family and cut off all contact permanently. I have gone almost all no contact so far and it's been scary because some of the really bad memories that have been blacked out for much of my life has been slowly resurfacing and I've been having trouble coping with some of it. Most of the memories are still blacked out though. I'm not sure I even want to remember. The stuff I remember much of the time is hard enough to carry around. I'd get beaten for stuff I still don't always know why. If I smiled, for example, then it was proof I was up to something and I'd get a beating for it. If I cried I was ridiculed for it, so I ended up rarely crying in front of others. My things like Christmas presents were usually taken from me and given to someone else. The few I was allowed to keep were stuff too girly for my brother to want. My pets were killed or got rid of when I'd form an attachment. Like my hamster. He was in my room and either my mom or my brother took it and put it near the hot wood stove where it slowly cooked to death. Then, after I was upset over it, the family told people I had killed my hamster and had people thinking I was a monster child that killed my pets. My pets that they knew I cared about always ended up that way, so I'd have to distance myself around them to try and hide affection because I was scared they'd kill another one. It was like they got the pets just for that purpose. And smile about my reaction to their death like it was so funny.

My mother rarely ever bathed me and I'd go to school wearing the same clothes all the time and even the teachers would sometimes ridicule me. I usually went hungry if I didn't have school that day because I mostly ate free lunch at the school. My family never loved me. My brother though was always kept clean and well fed. They doted on him. I started shoplifting when I was a child to get things like school supplies and food. My socks were usually caked with dirt because they weren't cleaned very often. The teachers did absolutely nothing about it. No call to CPS or anything like that. CPS only got involved in Charlottesville because the police reported it I think, but from the 3rd grade on no one even did that much even when my father was arrested. Part of my PTSD I get triggered when I see it happening to other children. It comes flooding back even harder. And it was really hard when I was homeless and had trouble bathing and keeping clean. I can't stand being trapped in filth. To my family though, I didn't even deserve what little I got when I was a kid and was told I was being ungrateful a lot, especially if I said I was hungry or something like that. I was so skinny from lack of food that even the smallest size clothes available was baggy on me. And a lot of what I remember is worse than that. The blackout memories are even worse. Very little nice things happened in my life, and when it started to, it would be taken away. I lived in fear because they'd always find some reason to punish me no matter how obedient I was. Even when I behaved, I was such an ungrateful, evil child I must've done something so I needed punished anyway. I started fantasizing about death and suicide when I was around five years old because I wanted to escape so bad and it just kept getting worse.

Then some other people involved in the fraud report literally edited/slanted medical records to make it look like I didn't have problems. For example, the urologist had temporarily not been taking my insurance because of some matter with clinic regulations. Two years temporary. I was having to see a different urologist. As soon as I found out the urologist I had been seeing since 2002 was taking the insurance again, before I received word of the disability review in the mail, I had switched back to him. The urologist notes that I hadn't seen him in couple years due to insurance issues and had been seeing this other urologist. Then it talked about all the problems I was having (because the urologist I had been seeing for those two years was a quack that made me worse). The government summarized this by saying I hadn't seen urologist in two years, left out the urologist's explanation as to why, and took out all the references to the problems I was having. They twisted it to make it seem like I had no problems and just didn't see the doctor for couple of years. The entire fraud report was like this. They even exaggerated a distance I walked sometimes to make it seem like I was extremely physically active. And they claimed that they talked to this manager at a fast food restaurant and that the manager claimed I went in there every day washing tables in exchange for food and that I ordered water and stole soda in the cups instead of getting water. I rarely even drink soda because of my bladder problems. There was very little in the fraud report that was true.

I've been trying to poke holes in the fraud report as much as possible, and providing evidence of events that I have talked about helps too. In the report they even claimed my ebt was suspended, having innuendo that I did something wrong. I went by the food stamp office where I was living when the report was made and told them what was going on and the man was helpful and printed off evidence that they were lying about that in the fraud report. I printed off email exchange from where I returned someone's credit card that they lost, while I was homeless, several years ago to help counter the character assassination. I tried hiring a PI to investigate what people would really say about me at that restaurant to help prove it isn't true, but the only PI that met and talked with me defended the AG's office and didn't want to get involved. I've tried to get medical records from the urologist I saw for those two years, but they're wanting nearly $4k from me because medicaid refused to pay for the surgery he performed that injured me. I'm hoping to still get the records at some point, but in the meantime I've been trying to find some proof of my going to see him at least to help show I didn't just fail to see a urologist for two years.

I was homeless first part of 2016. I was living in my truck with my three cats. It was really bad winter and I kept driving south to warmer weather to keep me and my cats from freezing to death. The AG investigators wanted to smear me so bad that it was wrote up that I admitted to driving south for bit of warm air and it was wrote up like I had gone on vacation on taxpayer dime. It was wrote up like it wasn't even an ordeal. When the government wants to 'prove' you guilty of something then they will do whatever it can, even if it's twisting facts or even changing them.

When I testified at the last hearing about my health problems the one conducting the hearing had already made up his mind based upon the twisted fraud report and was scoffing at me when I talked about my abusive family and what people have done to me. I need to make sure I have some evidence of some of this at the next hearing since my character has been assassinated and anything I say without evidence will be deemed not credible. I did not commit fraud though, and those investigating had to resort to fraud in order to build the 'case' against me in the first place. They even got some of my doctors to turn on me somehow and even my Crohn's doctor is no longer treating my illness and acting like I just need to drink more water. Just about all I drink is water already, so if that were to be the cure for Crohn's I'd be all better by now. Before the fraud investigation though he used to treat my Crohn's more aggressively. I think some of my doctors might have been threatened based upon the way they changed towards me when the fraud investigation started, which was months before the review papers came in the mail. I knew something strange was going on. One of my doctors even took me aside and said how I had a serious disease, not to let anyone tell me otherwise, and he couldn't schedule follow ups anymore as much as I had but anytime I had a problem I could come in without an appointment and he'd treat me. It was very strange. I've been trying to replace some of the doctors now because they've pretty much stopped treating my problem I was seeing them for and so they've become pointless. I have some new doctors already and have finally been put back on asthma medication that controls it. It's lengthy process because the PCP has to give referral. So, I have to go to PCP and get referral for each new doctor. I only got one to go so far though. I'm sticking with the rest for now.

CPS actually gets rid of reports ever so often, forget the years, so it's highly unlikely those reports still exist. I can still try to ask them of course, but I don't have much hope for that. It'd be nice if they did. I'm just not going to have my hopes up when I ask them.

Most people who were around to see what my father was like are dead. The only ones that are left are abusive family members, and there's not many of those left fortunately. Most of the family that I grew up around are dead now. There used to be former school teachers that knew what he was like, although even my former school teachers have died off over the years.

I have tried to locate former friends from back then over the years, but I have been unsuccessful. I haven't even been able to figure out how to spell last names. It wasn't for this reason though. I was just trying to touch base. The last name of the friend that helped us that night was pronounced Eyeler, but I have no idea how it would be spelled. And some people I don't remember the last names or even first names. If I ever saw how to spell the names it was when I was seven years old and that was a long time ago.
Have you spoken to an attorney?
 
Old 02-16-2018, 03:34 AM
 
1,589 posts, read 768,554 times
Reputation: 2125
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Have you spoken to an attorney?
I tried speaking to a lot of attorneys, but I didn't have luck with that. Then I contacted legal aid as last resort and a lawyer there decided to take my case.

I have learned that I'd need to search microfilm at library at UVA in Charlottesville for that year. No archives are online I've been told.

The shooting did happen, but I still don't have exact date. It was double homicide and then attempted murder (one person survived). Still don't have any names, either.

However, I found on school photo from that school year a date on the sign, so I was in school still as of that date so that narrows it down to a couple months instead of six. I figure that's improvement.
 
Old 02-16-2018, 04:32 AM
 
Location: S. FL (hell for me-wife loves it)
2,985 posts, read 1,711,202 times
Reputation: 8914
Have you tried typing his name into mugshots.com? It won't go back that far, but it would give arrest records up into the mid-'90's. If he's the kind of creature you're describing, he's been arrested long after that courthouse shooting.
And good luck to you.
 
Old 02-16-2018, 05:32 AM
 
1,589 posts, read 768,554 times
Reputation: 2125
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
Have you tried typing his name into mugshots.com? It won't go back that far, but it would give arrest records up into the mid-'90's. If he's the kind of creature you're describing, he's been arrested long after that courthouse shooting.
And good luck to you.
Ty, that one isn't showing anything, either.

I know he's been arrested afterwards. Don't know years, but I know areas for some of them. It still isn't showing. He isn't even showing in results. I get results for lots of junk but not what I'm looking for.
 
Old 02-16-2018, 12:14 PM
 
8,535 posts, read 6,667,275 times
Reputation: 12837
I'm no expert on disability, but I do know something about how it works in my state. It's very unlikely that you have to prove why you have PTSD in any state, just that you have it. Most people can't prove where they got it, as abusers tend to be liars and bystanders usually don't want to get involved. It seems to me you're wasting a lot of emotional energy pursuing something you don't need.

I'd think your lawyer would be referring you to a psycologist or psychiatrist for a diagnosis. The psychs don't require that you have proof or corroboration from anyone in order to diagnose you with PTSD. They base their diagnosis on an in-depth interview with the patient. They're pretty good at sussing out liars and malingerers. You say you're seeing a therapist now -- what is their level of expertise? Their assessment of you is SO much more believable than your father or the state investigator who have no training in diagnosing emotional disabilities, and it sounds like your current therapist sees that you do have issues.

Seriously, talk to your lawyer about getting you re-diagnosed by someone with a PhD, who is not connected to the disability people. Couple that with a written statement from your current therapist and submit those to the state along with your own documentation on the urologist situation. If the state has wrong info, just send them the correct documentation.

And the state investigator is not a psych. Don't let his opinion stress you out. Lots of laypeople think PTSD is made up if they don't see some sort of wild behavior. It doesn't matter if he says he didn't see you in distress. PTSD isn't always at a level 10 where an observer would notice. It only matters what a psych doctor's diagnosis says.
 
Old 02-16-2018, 08:09 PM
 
1,589 posts, read 768,554 times
Reputation: 2125
I still haven't read details about the shooting exactly like in reading a newspaper article, but a family member of the victims gave me their names and I learned the courthouse shooting happened on my birthday. My mother was off about the timeline.

My mother finally admitted to me today that she never called the police. The police were called after my father went to the school the next day attacking an office staff demanding they tell him where we're staying. He was arrested either at the school or while he was leaving the school.

Some of it is coming back to me. It's in the blacked out parts of my memory. I remember now that while it was happening our classroom was locked down and we were hiding. But most of what happened is still blacked out. I think my father may have even had his gun with him at the time. None of the staff is the same at the school from back then from what I've seen on their website. Most of them may even be deceased by now. It happened either May or June of 1984. But what happened at the school happened the next day after that night we had to flee the home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top