Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 11:01 AM

30 posts, read 66,746 times

Advertisements

Any info anyone might have on the following apts would be greatly appreciated.
  • Cambridge park
  • Ashland gardens
  • Norhtside hills
  • Normandy
  • Silver Creek
  • Rivermont
  • River Hills Manor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 11:12 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,803,318 times
I'm sorry. I don't know anything about any of them. I hope someone else can help you out.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:07 PM

Thanks anyway peppermint

Old 06-11-2010, 06:30 AM

155 posts, read 335,045 times
Cambridge Park is HORRIBLE, stay far, far away from there. Bug problems, maintenance is poor, dumpster/parking areas are unkept, many questionable residents, noise problems, your water shuts off randomly... stay away.

I currently live at the River Hills Manor, and have a detailed review up on Google Maps (link should work, but if not: just go to Google Maps, search for it, and my review is the only one). I'm happy here, and it's all I need. If you're looking for something smaller, cheaper and don't have real high standards, it's quiet and well maintained here. The management does a good job, they really care about keeping things in order.

That's all the help I can offer. Let me know if you have any more Q's about either one. Good luck.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:43 AM

155 posts, read 335,045 times
You might also check out Chattanooga Apartments - Find Apartments in Chattanooga, it's a great site for finding out specific info such as rent, utilities, pets/no pets, unit layouts, etc. Also, I highly recommend using Google Maps to research reviews on the ones you're looking at. Good luck again.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:59 PM

Thanks so much everyone for the info. I scratched Cambridge park of my list. I will check out google maps.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:07 PM

26 posts, read 80,641 times
I live in rovermont apartments and it suits my needs well. The 2 bedroom aparment is quite big, compared to other spots I looked at before moving. The area is well kept, not always perfect. I really like my apartment. The other owner/rental company and my upstairs neighbors are another story.

I don't think everyone on the first floor has upstairs neighbors as LOUD as mine, I think there is a family of 5 living there. If you lived on the 2nd floor, it would be much better. There are some cool people living here and since the apartments are sectioned off in quadplexs it never seems to have an apartment complex feel. *(swarming with people, loud, college kids)

Now, the reality company that manages it and the owner are the reason I plan to move soon. I am not one to talk negatively of people, but according to the management company the owner of the property has requested anyone more than 17 days late be sent to court. I recieved no call, no warning, but a letter from a local law firm saying the company was sueing me for the rent (ironically, I just dropped off my rent that afternoon). So, I then had an additional $600 in court costs. When I spoke to collections as the management company, she said it is standard for rent more than 17 days late. I think that is ridiculous. Out of principle I plan to move.

Now, it is a great apartment to live in, reasonable price and great location. They are well kept and great spaces. I never planned to be late with my rent, but things happen that we can't control.

Good luck in your search.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:03 AM

thesoundofwings thanks for your comment. They sound like great apartments but your right things do happen and by me moving from another city for work anything could definately happen. There is no way I could pay $600.00 if I were late. I'v actually never heard of such a thing most places if your late charge a late fee of about $50.00 at the most.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:26 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,803,318 times
Oh, from what I've heard, the high late fees are common around here. I can't remember for sure what ours were, but it was like $200 or so. You just circle the date on the calender and don't forget!

Old 06-23-2010, 11:19 AM

24 posts, read 79,973 times
We looked into Shallowford Trace apartments and liked them quite a lot. However, we ended up going with Hayden Place over by Baylor and Signal Mountain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga