Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 01:59 PM

64 posts, read 184,522 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of any local fireworks shows this year? I have tried googling, and haven't had much luck. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 02:34 PM

249 posts, read 654,045 times
Usually it will show up in the newspaper a few days beforehand. The only one I know of is Soddy Daisy on July 3rd. Will have the car show, firemen muster and fireworks.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:55 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,618,049 times
IMO the best ones I have found: Collegedale, with the East Tn Symphony?, which is great with the music and if you park in a field the children can play until the show starts. Another in Jasper (Marion Co) that has entertainment too. Then you have Soddy Lake which is great since you can park on the freeway, play soccer on the exit ramps (REALLY!) and zip off when the show is over. These are all very nice shows that these small towns fund. I may be mistaken but there might be one @ the baseball stadium as well??? Like keithps said, check the paper. Most should be listed there.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:50 PM

155 posts, read 332,673 times
I'm new to Chattanooga (wasn't here for the last 4th), but I thought somebody told me there's a good fireworks show on the river/downtown for the 4th. Is that not true?

Old 06-24-2010, 06:09 PM

3,045 posts, read 5,198,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
IMO the best ones I have found: Collegedale, with the East Tn Symphony?, which is great with the music and if you park in a field the children can play until the show starts. Another in Jasper (Marion Co) that has entertainment too. Then you have Soddy Lake which is great since you can park on the freeway, play soccer on the exit ramps (REALLY!) and zip off when the show is over. These are all very nice shows that these small towns fund. I may be mistaken but there might be one @ the baseball stadium as well??? Like keithps said, check the paper. Most should be listed there.
Collegedale's is definitely a good show, but go EARLY unless you want to park a ridiculous distance away on the side of a road. So go early and let the kids play in Imagination Station across from the courthouse. Set to blast off on July 4th.

Chattanooga's fireworks display is scheduled for Saturday, July 3. It starts with the CSO's Pops in the Park concert at 7:30, followed by fireworks at 9:30. Strangely, I couldn't find this information at the CSO's website (it looks like it hasn't been updated in months), or any news site, but I did find a reference at Allied Arts' site HERE.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:31 PM

Thanks so much!! Collegedale is closest to us (in Ooltewah), so we will plan to check that out! How early is "early"? Where is the best place to view them?

Old 06-27-2010, 05:10 PM

3,045 posts, read 5,198,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelynchfam View Post
Thanks so much!! Collegedale is closest to us (in Ooltewah), so we will plan to check that out! How early is "early"? Where is the best place to view them?
"Early" is several hours before sunset. There may be activities all day, I'm not sure. You could call Collegedale city hall to find out.

Come "early" and find a good place to park. Grab something to eat, let the kids play at Imagination Station, take a stroll along the greenway, or explore the excellent Veteran's Park and ponder the sacrifices made by others under REAL fireworks so you can enjoy the pretty fireworks.

They set up the fireworks north of Veteran's Memorial Park (behind the ballfields, I think), and the music is just south of the park. So the best location (IMO) is the grassy field between the helicopter-on-a-stick and Apison Pike. There's another big grassy field on the west side of the creek, but you won't be able to hear the music as well. Bring lawn chairs or a blanket and stake out your territory. Make sure you remember bug spray and a few bottles of water. There will be vendors selling food, drink, and other stuff.

After it's over don't be in a rush to leave, or you'll just get stuck in traffic along with everyone else.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:12 PM

Ok, great! Thank you so much!!

Old 07-02-2010, 03:44 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,618,049 times
I went through the "weekender" in the times free press and saw that the outdoor theatre has fireworks each night this weekend! Movies are Twilight, Letters to Juliet on screen one, Toy Story 3 and Grown ups on screen two. Also you might want to check out the fireworks in Ft Oglethorpe @ Barnhardt Circle. VERY family friendly and a great show Saturday night.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:42 AM

137 posts, read 428,349 times
Collegedale's pops are on the fourth, but tonight is the Pops on the River festival at Coolidge Park. It's the deal. I recommend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga