Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 09:15 PM

421 posts, read 1,690,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwind View Post
thanks are u near this area have u heard of it and is this area gay friendly
Looks like you'll want to PM jkmewright about stuff like that...

Old 10-17-2007, 01:42 PM

5 posts, read 14,257 times
Default Checkout Missionary Ridge/Belvoir/Germantown

You know...it's kind of embarrassing that the redneck had to chime in...but please know he doesn't speak for everyone. I've only been back in the south for about 5 years and while there is that deep rooted republican baptist aura to contend with....thankfully - that cloud is dissipating.

Chattanooga is slowly becoming a more cosmopolitan community and while it might take you a little while to find your like minded clique....since they're probably not going to be the ones to knock on your door and invite you to church....there are alot of cool people relocating here because of the cost of living and clutural rennaisance taking place.

While I'm not gay myself...I'm certainly not opposed to having gay neighbors and am quite sure there are at least a few couples sprinkled on the ridge (two clean cut men and a terrier lol). So...come on down...I miss my gay boyfriends.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:21 AM

286 posts, read 1,085,929 times
My wife and I have no problems with homosexuals, and we do believe that people have a right to live their lives without interference from others as long as it doesn't infringe on others' rights.

You should be able to move to whatever neighborhood you want as long as you are respectful of the neighborhood and a good citizen/neighbor. I would rather have an upstanding citizen (gay or straight) live next door than intolerant people.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:17 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,681,562 times
if I were homosexual I don't know if I'd want people to "tolerate" me. The original Latin word means "to bear". Dictionary gives this definition "to bear or endure; to put up with"

Our moderators tolerate a lot of the nonense on the forum, but it doesn't necessarily mean they like it

Just something to chew on as the Vols are currently losing to Alabama in the 3rd quarter. A bad thing for any Tennessean--especially a new one from SoFla who doesn't care much for Nick Saban.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:34 PM

thank you for tolerating my rant

Old 01-09-2009, 01:33 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,488,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
if I were homosexual I don't know if I'd want people to "tolerate" me. The original Latin word means "to bear". Dictionary gives this definition "to bear or endure; to put up with"

Our moderators tolerate a lot of the nonense on the forum, but it doesn't necessarily mean they like it

Just something to chew on as the Vols are currently losing to Alabama in the 3rd quarter. A bad thing for any Tennessean--especially a new one from SoFla who doesn't care much for Nick Saban.
You got that right! We tolerate a lot and we see all we need to about people irrespective of skin color, sexual persuasion, disabilities, etc.

There are gays everywhere, Chattanooga is no different. Life anyplace is what you make of it. Attitude is key.

Now, this thread is VERY old. Any update from the OP?

Old 01-09-2009, 02:30 PM

600 posts, read 2,260,393 times
I'm the OP's partner, and now that we've moved here, I guess he doesn't check this post much anymore, but I do. Thanks for the kind words above.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:36 PM

ok, so let's close this sucker out

Old 01-10-2009, 07:02 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,488,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
ok, so let's close this sucker out
OP might want to change their location on their profile. It is misleading as to their actual location. Yea, I agree, time to close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga