Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 08:50 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,206,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleelvis View Post
I know it must be hard for you to understand that theres a great big world out there and not everyone has always done things the way you think they should be done. Most cities establish a time for trick or treating or at least make it known that it is up to the individual townships or subdivisions. It's not done to "tell me what to do". It's done to establish some sort of order.

Also if you watched the news you would have seen that city council made it more confusing by moving the trick or treating date a few years ago when it fell on a Sunday. But this year they didn't do anything. So people were left to wonder when it was. Even people who have lived here their whole lives.
Well common sense would tell me that if no one made a decision, then trick or treating would take place on the actual holiday. When I was younger I don't ever recall trick or treating on any other day than the actual holiday. However, things are much different nowadays...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 09:07 AM

9 posts, read 87,200 times
Well, I didn't have but 5 children come by and that was because we told their parents a few days ago that we were passing out candy. I just moved down here and can not believe no one was out. I thought for sure that we would have a lot of kids since this is a small mobile home community and I bought sooo much candy. My house was decorated and porch light on. How disappointing.
btw - If I had not read on craigslist someone asking when trick or treating was I wouldn't had even known they do it on Sat. Sorry, I can't stand watching the news down here...i'd rather stab my eyes out.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:38 PM

155 posts, read 334,859 times
When I was a kid, you go trick-or-treating when it gets dark, and go home when your pillow case is full. The idea of a city council or some authority setting some "official" time seems completely ridiculous and over-bearing to me.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chattlady22 View Post
I am amazed~i have never had a halloween where i did not have trick or treaters We just moved here, so this is our first Halloween here. I was all ready, dressed up at the door with all kinds of candy and not one showed up
Same here. I had a big bowl of candy ready and everything, and not one showed up either night. Depressing.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:46 PM

This whole thread is one of the most depressing things I've read in awhile. Times change I guess.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:57 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,801,738 times
I agree, Nonlocal. I just loved Halloween when I was kid. My friends and I would deck ourselves, go to a crowded neighborhood and walk around with our moms. So, so much fun. Now it's trunk-or-treats and church bizarres. I just don't see the point. The times they are a-changin'.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:38 AM

64 posts, read 185,569 times
Tons and tons of kids out in Ooltewah - we went to 1 subdivision who advertised ToTing Saturday night, then stayed in our own on Sunday. Our kids had a great time! Hopefully next year will be better for all when it isn't a "confusing" night of the week.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:31 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,653,299 times
NO kids in Brainerd either not even the neighborhood kids. *sigh* I think next year we are gonna bang on doors and suprise some of you folks! Heck, gimme some addresses and we'll cover the county, be prepared!

Old 11-10-2010, 12:27 PM

24 posts, read 79,959 times
This was our first time in Chatt over Halloween, and I have to say....we were totally confused when they were going. We saw some on Saturday night, and some on Sunday night out and about in the neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga