Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 02:06 AM

4 posts, read 8,304 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Bradley county...out and around the Charleston area. Its a beautiful area for sure. I now live in the next county north of it, McMinn county. I find it to be a bit more rural and love it. Bradley is getting very very populated and land prices have gotten a bit out of site. McMinn prices are a little bit better. This whole area is beautiful and you can't hardly go wrong no matter where you land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 08:59 AM

851 posts, read 2,449,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett01 View Post
I grew up in Bradley county...out and around the Charleston area. Its a beautiful area for sure. I now live in the next county north of it, McMinn county. I find it to be a bit more rural and love it. Bradley is getting very very populated and land prices have gotten a bit out of site. McMinn prices are a little bit better. This whole area is beautiful and you can't hardly go wrong no matter where you land.
I'm glad to hear that. We are in McMinn county and we love it. When we are at home it looks like we are out in the country but it doesn't take too long to get to the stores or go out to eat. The land all around this area is rolling and it is so pretty. We are hallfway between Athens and Sweetwater.

LLuce - I'm sure you will enjoy your trip. I hope you find just what you are looking. It is a beautiful area.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:11 AM

290 posts, read 759,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett01 View Post
Thanks for the information. All good things to consider, since we're trying not to get in a heavily populated area. Seems TN is the happening place though and is growing by leaps and bounds!

Old 01-04-2011, 04:09 PM

910 posts, read 1,669,655 times
I lived in Cleveland while going to Lee and I really liked the area. My only real complaint was that a lot of restaurants close early (mostly fast food) I ended up transferring out of Lee (personal reasons) but hope to move back to SE Tennessee.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:06 AM

94 posts, read 384,514 times
What sort of things are there for teens to do in Cleveland & the area.
Is there a lot of crime or substance abuse?

Old 10-24-2011, 06:46 AM

13,336 posts, read 39,735,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucsonmom View Post
What sort of things are there for teens to do in Cleveland & the area.
Is there a lot of crime or substance abuse?
Cleveland/Bradley County has one of the highest concentrations of meth labs in Tennessee. Check out the state's meth lab task force to search for known meth labs in all Tennessee counties:

Lab Search

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 06-09-2012, 03:14 AM

Unhappy Teens in Cleveland TN

That's it? Meth labs! No good teens in Cleveland?!

Old 06-09-2012, 07:37 AM

13,336 posts, read 39,735,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucsonmom View Post

That's it? Meth labs! No good teens in Cleveland?!
Of course there are good teens in Cleveland. You asked about crime and substance abuse. But, obviously, the vast majority of teenagers there are probably not involved with meth labs. Good grief.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 06-09-2012 at 08:06 AM..

Old 06-24-2012, 07:22 PM

Whew! You made it sound like that's all there was to expect.
Glad that is not the case.
What I was getting as was, is there an overwhelming problem with substance abuse
due to there being no outlets or fun stuff for kids (teens) there.
We have never been to Cleveland, so I'm asking to get a feel of the area.
Other towns we have looked into have lots of things for 'children', but neglect to address kids that are older (but still growing up) ie the teens.
We have a 14 yr old, this is why I ask.
Thanks so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga