U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 11:37 PM

968 posts, read 1,579,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
I'd love to see the look on their face when they get to the pearly gates and have to explain to God why they treated the creatures he created in such a horrible way.
Yeah, me too.

I only have one dog. I got him from animal control in Nashville 10 years ago. Best dog I've ever had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Now I'm doubting the county................ I think it was Cumberland but could be another. It's in Portland maybe?? Cumberland may be the one that's having some serious abuse issues. So many of them with so much going on, I just can't keep them straight!
I think Portland is in Sumner county, north of Nashville, and Cumberland is east of Nashville. Seems there's a different county in the news all the time about serious abuse issues. It's a big problem in this part of TN.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:52 PM

5,100 posts, read 8,406,694 times
She's Cheatham County. Had to go look! LOL

Yep. Pretty crappy when your shelters and HSs that are supposed to be helping animals are the ones doing so much damage to them. Can't get out of this state fast enough!

Old 02-06-2011, 11:58 PM

Quote:
She's Cheatham County. Had to go look! LOL
Cheatham County is kinda in my neck of the woods. I go through there often.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnp View Post
Cheatham County is kinda in my neck of the woods. I go through there often.
Small world!

Did you see the dogs they just got in? Horrible hoarding / puppy mill situation. Some of the females are pretty pregnant. They are matted so badly you can't even see feet on some of them. A group of people went out and spent hours today getting them shaved down and groomed, checked by the vet, etc. I can't even begin to imagine where you'd start with some of the dogs. The photos are heartbreaking. Just one more story of the horrors that go on in this state.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:08 AM

Yeah, I saw the pics. Awful!

I'm glad the Cheatham Animal Awareness Foundation took over the shelter. I remember when they were first talking about adopting animals out of the shelter instead of euthanizing. There was an outcry in the local paper from people who thought no money should be spent on the animals and that they should be euthanized instead of adopted out, because putting money into the shelter would "take away money for the children!" It's always the "What about the children?!!" thing around here. Same thing when there was talk about putting fire sprinklers in the shelter.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:41 AM

Amazing isn't it?? Everything here is supposed to go to humans. Our shelter director, and I use that term very loosely, has publicly stated it's his job to kill animals people don't want. Wow. Nice. Make sure you don't put any concern, care, humanity or effort into sparing their lives. Just kill them as they walk through the door. And they do. We found tons of accounts in their own records where a stray was brought in, immediately euthanized and then records in the euth log changed saying it's an owner surrender. Even if it's an OS by law they're supposed to wait three days before euth'ing in case someone wants to adopt it. Just makes me sick. What if that was someone's pet that got loose? I keep telling the HS they need to release the info on all 258 dogs that were illegally killed in the hopes that someone who's dog was missing may have been on that list. Let them file a lawsuit and sue the hell out of the county and see how quickly they change their attitude.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:31 PM

18 posts, read 42,516 times
Regarding your house-hunt, in addition to what the above have mentioned, you may want to take a look at Signal Mountain for a house with land. Chattanooga is such a gem. Best of luck in your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga