U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 03:40 PM

16 posts, read 15,153 times

Advertisements

i am looking into moving down to TN here in the next year or so. I will be pursing a career in phlebotomy and would need a hospital, doctors office, etc. somewhere near by. (i have picked these two towns because they are relatively close to chattanooga) but i am open to suggestions of other towns!

I would need somewhere with low living costs (apartments) i would also like a low crime area as well. i live in a small town in pennsylvania now and would love to live in the same enviroment in TN! i am planning to visit next summer-ish but am starting my preparation now.. please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 03:56 PM

2,315 posts, read 2,478,310 times
Lived in both cities. I love, love, love Harrison. It's more rural, but only takes 15 minutes to get to a grocery store, they deliver pizza, and we can still have a farm!

Hixson is nice, but it's more suburbia. If that's what you want (stores, mall, fast food, etc), then it's great.

Are you looking to rent?

Old 07-22-2011, 04:15 PM

yes, i am looking to rent. trying to find an apartment that already has rentors and are looking for a roomate (since it is just myself moving) that would be ideal, but if not just a one-bedroom apartment. i am a young adult so either or!

Old 07-22-2011, 04:17 PM

harrison sounds like the town i live in now. i live in mifflin county, PA (if you've ever heard of it) i live in a small "village" out of town but it takes 10 minutes to get to a grocery store and i am surrounded by farmland! a ridge is my backyard, and i love that! (:

Old 07-22-2011, 09:59 PM

159 posts, read 209,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna404 View Post
harrison sounds like the town i live in now. i live in mifflin county, PA (if you've ever heard of it) i live in a small "village" out of town but it takes 10 minutes to get to a grocery store and i am surrounded by farmland! a ridge is my backyard, and i love that! (:
Harrison is relatively flat. If you want ridges, look at Soddy Daisy or Sale Creek. More rural than Hixson, still not too far from stuff, and more foothills.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:11 PM

okay, thank you so much!! i need as many inputs as possible

Old 07-23-2011, 07:21 AM

1,109 posts, read 3,053,028 times
Thumbs up Hixon

J: I believe the hospitals are right in HIXON... Should be LESS traffic on this WEST SIDE OF THE LAKE. I-75 & the new & expanding VW plant is near Harrison.. ..Also two AMAZON plants building near there. . Doubt any low $$
apts near that growing complex.. IMO

Old 07-23-2011, 08:48 AM

VW plant& amazon plant? what does that mean?

Old 07-23-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
I know where Mifflin County is. We lived in Eastern PA for six years.

We live a 5-minute walk from Harrison Bay State Park, and we love it. No, we are not in the mountains or on a ridge. You'd need to budget 20-30 minutes to get to the hospitals, so that might not work for you.

My husband and I looked at houses in Sale Creek, Soddy Daisy, and even some in rural Georgia; but the commute was too far for us. Harrison was perfect for us because my husband was 15 minutes from work, and we were still able to own land with a barn, pond, etc.

I know you'll find the perfect spot for you.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
VW plant& amazon plant? what does that mean?
Volkswagen has put in a plant near Harrison, and I think Amazon (the online seller) has a plant going in in Cleveland. As far as I've seen, this hasn't had much of an impact on prices or traffic in Harrison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga